banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: If I leave My Speaker Out Unswitched............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: If I leave My Speaker Out Unswitched............

I found out that a Blackstar Fly 3 is a class D amp. I added a speaker out that is unswitched......meaning while I have an external speaker connected (I modded the amp).....the internal speaker continues to work. I don't mind because it sounds really good with my speaker mods. Should the impedance mismatch be of no concern since the amp is low power and a class D?

There is a minimum impedance that you don’t want to go below for solid state. It should have a minimum value shown on the extension cab jack. Just use the parallel resistance/impedance formula to calculate your total load.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

there is no jack on those things, he added it. id say you are probably fine since most class d stuff has thermal protection that will shut the amp down before any damage happens but with a tiny battery powered amp, i wouldnt be as certain. what are the impedances of the internal and external speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        there is no jack on those things, he added it. id say you are probably fine since most class d stuff has thermal protection that will shut the amp down before any damage happens but with a tiny battery powered amp, i wouldnt be as certain. what are the impedances of the internal and external speakers?
        The internal speaker is 4 ohms and the present external speaker is 8 ohms.

Comment

Working...
        X