But dont want to spend $2k for a real one

EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

$2k is better than $50k+ some of the clones are more than $5k. two rock, fuchs, carol-ann, glaswerks, and a bunch of others make really nice amps. for cheaper alternatives, ceriatone makes some dumble models that fit your price range

Comment

Ceriatone is where I’d look.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thank you both
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

VHT has one now that goes for like $850 iirc. I have no idea how good it sounds but I would give it a look.

Comment

Other than the fact that 2k is probably way less than a real dumble ever would have been...........

Even the basic sort of properly done clone (like Ceriatone) is going to be getting up toward that - unless you're handy with a soldering iron and the woodwork to make your own cab.

I have a small Dumble lunchbox copy from Ceriatone, and they don't really get there. You really do need the full circuit running the proper tonestack+transformers+output section to get the right tone.

Comment

There are a handful of Dumble-like pedals out there, and most higher end modelers have some credible Dumble tones in them, too. Still cheaper than a 1:1 clone amp.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just recently read an interview with Eric Johnson where he stated that Dumble designed unique circuits for everyone that he builds an amp for. So what does a general sort of "Dumble" tone sound like?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, each amp was designed for the specific player. You can get a pretty good idea of their general sound from YouTube videos, though.

Comment

If you're going to go the pedal route I'd like to highly suggest the Custom Tones LLC. Ethos Overdrive pedal. It has three channels and a speaker simulator. Extremely high quality build. And the sound is amazing! Check out the video link and you'll understand what I'm talking about. I also suggest using some quality headphones while listening to the video to fully appreciate the sound quality of this pedal. I've got one on my board and it's there to stay. One more thing, if you get one or even demo one run it through the return of the effects loop.

This is a full description, demonstration and review of the Ethos Overdrive TLE (Tight Low End) overdrive pedal.If you want to get straight to hearing the pe...
                    Last edited by Explorer84; 09-22-2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimman View Post
                      VHT has one now that goes for like $850 iirc. I have no idea how good it sounds but I would give it a look.

EDIT :

https://www.gearnews.com/vht-d-fifty...clone-for-849/ <----
                      Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz II; 09-22-2020, 11:13 PM.
                      Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Getting a GOOD Dumble-like clone under $2K will not be easy.

Here is a good place to start though.

. . . good luck !

Comment

Slightly above your asking price :

Comment

Found this . . . but i know nothing about this brand :

Comment

Much cheaper than an amp, the Steel String pedal...

Comment

Working...
                              X