So a Fender guy buys a Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a Fender guy buys a Marshall

I did my entire practice with my amp's gain. Being a Fender/Roland guy I usually get gain from a pedal even with my Marshall. I liked it...I feel a bit dirty. I think I am going to run the Marshall this way, it works with our set.

I've been running that way for so long. It's the way to go in my opinion.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	open-uri20141001-2-1wx7qoy.jpg?1412176441.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	6018962
      meh, different strokes.
      Pedals are tools in the toolbox.
      I prefer to have a complete set of tools.
      In 45 years ive never met a Fender amp i had to have.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        In 45 years ive never met a Fender amp i had to have.
        I still have my Fenders and JC120 but this is going to open up a lot of tonal opportunities for me.

Comment

There's times when the compression and hard clipping of pedals feels right and times when you want a touch sensitive gainy rock amp, both are proven great ways to get results!
          Don't worry about your rig she called and said you guys are in an open relationship now whatever that means

Comment

Fenders have their place. Ted Nugent got some amazing tones out of Fender amps. I always thought they were Marshalls the way they sounded.

I could learn to love this one.
            Hendrix recorded alot of studio music with Fenders.

Comment

Oh man I have heard so many Fender and Marshall tones I love. I say rock on no matter which one you prefer!
              Soundcloud

Comment

Congrats on the upgrade!
                Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I'm "stuck" with a Blackstar . I was after a Fender Princeton reverb, but the neighbor meth-heads stole all my savings.

But I'll survive. A good Fender, with a mid-rangey, good OD pedal infront; will "easily" do Marshall stuff aswell!

rock on \m/

-Erlend

EDIT: My uncle's Fender Blues JR. does that "clean, slightly overdriven" tone SO much better than my Blackstar. But I got a superb clean, clean channel- and foot switchable OD channel; that gives me LOADS of gain .

Only issue is a 200hz "woof" and maybe not enough... "character".. especially with the onboard digital reverb.

Digital.. ouch.. :/

but I will SURVIVE!, lol!

-E
                  If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                    Congrats on the upgrade!
                    I am not sure if it is an upgrade as much as it is widening my tonal options. I will definitely be leaving my fizzy fuzz pedals on the board they are not going in mothballs yet.

Comment

I love Marshall tones. I get mine from my Vox AV30 amp (an analog modeler of sorts). Kept going back and forth between the 2 Marshall voicings (JMP vs JCM800) and Soldano for the band I'm in now and settled with the 800 sound. I've got the gain up around 5 or 6 for some decent drive and use an OD-3 or Soul Food to give me more. Right now the OD is winning between the two overdrives but they are set quite differently so both are staying for now. For the clean tones I roll the guitar volume back a little and turn on the compressor. Works perfectly.

Comment

true, old school tube tone is the winner (IMO)

anyways.

Rock on bro! \m/

-E
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X