banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to use EQ pedal, in the effects loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had great results doing so. I use the Empress Para-Eq and just recently picked up the new Boss 200 series EQ. Both fine products for all your EQ needs.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I run a Wampler EQuator through the loop of any of my amps that have them...

Its certainly is a fantastic tool! My Marshall’s seem particularly happy with the EQuator pushing the mids just a touch!!!

Also dialing back some of bass & piercing high end you get while playing the dirty CH of some of these EL34 monsters can come in quite handy as well ...
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
        I run a Wampler EQuator through the loop of any of my amps that have them...

Its certainly is a fantastic tool! My Marshall’s seem particularly happy with the EQuator pushing the mids just a touch!!!

Also dialing back some of bass & piercing high end you get while playing the dirty CH of some of these EL34 monsters can come in quite handy as well ...
        Well, I'm a "midrange guy" hehe. I guess you've heard the album Dio- Holy Diver? The guitar sound there is really bright, loads of high mids. . Then we got like, Robin Trower, who even use a cocked wah!! as a mid boost .

Yeah, plan is to boost some mids, while dialing back the low-end. (The whole amp starts to rattle when I turn it up).

I think I'll pick up a Joyo boost. (Having had good experencie with Joyo.). I can get a "Caline" for even 40% less, but something about the ultra-low price puts me off....

rock on \m/

-E
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post

Well, I'm a "midrange guy" hehe. I guess you've heard the album Dio- Holy Diver? The guitar sound there is really bright, loads of high mids. .
          rock on \m/

-E
          One of my favorite records of all time. Still stands up to anything to this day. The only problem with pushed mid-range sounds is unless you are playing with the band, you probably won't like the sound as much in a quieter / isolated situation. The reverse is also true, most awesome bedroom tones would never cut in a band or sound good on a record. If you haven't done so, go have a listen to the AC/DC isolated tracks on Back in Black or similar timeframe. Those guitar tones (isolated) will make you want to pull your hair out and scratch your eyes out they are so harsh. Put them with the band in a mix and you have gold.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

One of my favorite records of all time. Still stands up to anything to this day. The only problem with pushed mid-range sounds is unless you are playing with the band, you probably won't like the sound as much in a quieter / isolated situation. The reverse is also true, most awesome bedroom tones would never cut in a band or sound good on a record. If you haven't done so, go have a listen to the AC/DC isolated tracks on Back in Black or similar timeframe. Those guitar tones (isolated) will make you want to pull your hair out and scratch your eyes out they are so harsh. Put them with the band in a mix and you have gold.
            Good thing then, I don't have a band! (lol! .

I'm looking for one, or two other, acoustic low-key musicians- to maybe form a folk music/acoustic trio. I'll use my electric guitar for bedroom use, and maybe in the future "trio"...

Makes me sad to know, I'm 30, and never got to play, and tour with a proper rock band. Even though I've been motivated as "F" the entire time. Now it's time for some quieter, more intimate music .

-Erl
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I have had great results doing so. I use the Empress Para-Eq and just recently picked up the new Boss 200 series EQ. Both fine products for all your EQ needs.
              Well, I'm a poor man (as poor as Norway'¨s welfare system will ever let me be, ). So the Empress is about four times what I have to spend :/

But I guess I'll be happy with a Joyo 10-band, if it's the same quality of the analog delay I got. . Which is great (and affordable).

-Erl

Comment

Well, I'm a poor man (as poor as Norway'¨s welfare system will ever let me be, ). So the Empress is about four times what I have to spend :/

But I guess I'll be happy with a Joyo 10-band, if it's the same quality of the analog delay I got. . Which is great (and affordable).

-Erl
                Ahhh....no shame there at all my friend. I was simply sharing what I use and that it works for me. All similar type products will work and be fine. The key is getting a desired result within the parameters you have to work with.

Comment

Ahhh....no shame there at all my friend. I was simply sharing what I use and that it works for me. All similar type products will work and be fine. The key is getting a desired result within the parameters you have to work with.
                  I use a "dirt cheap" chorus; a tc. electronic 3rd dimension. I bought it, because it was the cheapest pedal I'd ever come across. And it sounds... good! Not "great"- but I'm fully able to use it, in an inspiring and musical setting.

All that "high end" equipment sure looks nice, and tempting... but I need to remember myself to be happy with what I got, and not sad because everything I'll never have! Kind of like, a Buddhistic approach .

Enjoy your stuff, man \m/

-E

Comment

I use a "dirt cheap" chorus; a tc. electronic 3rd dimension. I bought it, because it was the cheapest pedal I'd ever come across. And it sounds... good! Not "great"- but I'm fully able to use it, in an inspiring and musical setting.

All that "high end" equipment sure looks nice, and tempting... but I need to remember myself to be happy with what I got, and not sad because everything I'll never have! Kind of like, a Buddhistic approach .

Enjoy your stuff, man \m/

-E
                    The key is finding something that works and having fun playing and making noise. If it can do that, I am happy!

Comment

Expensive isn't always better
                      just more expensive

Some folks spend a fortune on gear
                      And then have to justify it by claiming its better
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

A more efficient speaker swap?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes I wish I had bought a 50'watter instead!! My 20 watts aren't loud at all, I'm sitting here playing, with the amp on a stand, with the speaker 10 inches from my ear. Cranked. And I don't get a hint of tinnitus or anything :/...
                          Keep doing what you are doing and give it some time.. You'll get there ..

Comment

Working...
                          X