XTC got a facelift!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTC got a facelift!!

​​​​​​​So about a year ago, or possibly a little longer, with Bogner started offering post purchase metal grilles again. I wasn’t exactly thrilled about the price but the “look” is how I think an XTC should look. I finally splurged and picked one up and installed it Monday

I feel like it really makes the look!
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Both looks are cool, after all, it's a Bogner XTC! The new grill is the same as the stock one on the Uberschall, right?

Comment

It looks much better. What was the price?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow, amazing how much more the metal grille goes with the look of the amp

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          Both looks are cool, after all, it's a Bogner XTC! The new grill is the same as the stock one on the Uberschall, right?
          So, strangely, the original XTC amps all had a metal front. Sometime in 90s though the move was made to fabric to look more traditional or maybe high end? Gearjoneser knows the timeline and reasons best. Anyhow the metal was special order until a few years ago and the aftermarket option was discontinued, and the metal became the standard for Ubers.

Mincer, it was... <gulp> $159 shipped. It hurts to say it, but I’d do it again. I didn’t ever love the wicker with the red.
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke View Post
            and the metal became the standard for Ubers.
            If this happened, it was more recent than a few years ago; I got my Uber TJ two years ago, and it came with a cloth grille.

Comment

So, strangely, the original XTC amps all had a metal front. Sometime in 90s though the move was made to fabric to look more traditional or maybe high end? Gearjoneser knows the timeline and reasons best. Anyhow the metal was special order until a few years ago and the aftermarket option was discontinued, and the metal became the standard for Ubers.

Mincer, it was... <gulp> $159 shipped. It hurts to say it, but I’d do it again. I didn’t ever love the wicker with the red.
              Hey man, if you dig it, it was worth it.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
                If this happened, it was more recent than a few years ago; I got my Uber TJ two years ago, and it came with a cloth grille.
                I always understood the TJ was its own beast compared to the original Uber. Maybe I’m wrong on that though.

Comment

I always understood the TJ was its own beast compared to the original Uber. Maybe I’m wrong on that though.
                  If you look inside of a TJ, you'll find an Uber Rev. Blue PCB. The differences on channel 2 are minimal; the TJ has a higher plate voltage on its power tubes, comes standard with KT88s, and has the new master presence/depth controls (which are just pots replacing fixed resistors on the Rev Blue), and that's basically it.

Comment

Metal grills rule!
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                      Metal grills rule!
                      You best believe it!

Comment

Working...
                      X