NDMAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDMAD!

Click image for larger version  Name:	120764680_10158726183188501_1351678321142167101_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.8 KB ID:	6020740

New Digital Modeling Amp Day!

I got a Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb this past weekend. At around 23lbs, it has a neo Jensen speaker and pine cab. It also has a power attenuator on the back (sort of a stepped master volume) and direct XLR out with 2 impulse response mic selections.

Does it sound like a tube Deluxe? Sort of. I've never heard 2 tube Deluxes sound the same, but it is about as different as 2 tube versions would sound from each other. It has a mute switch on the back to mute the speaker for silent recording, and a USB port for updates (they came out with a few already). The reverb is a spring convolution type and sounds glorious.

I got this Deluxe for a few reasons:
    - I have a 6v6 Mesa Blue Angel already. It is about 50lbs.
    - I can get it to break up at a lower volume with the attenuator
    - 23 lbs. This is important.
    - direct XLR to the PA. No more mic stands and mics. Less to carry, with a cleaner mix (one less open mic onstage).
    - It looks great.

Now I am sure it sounds different than most late 60s or early 70s Deluxes. But I don't care, as it responds and sounds like a Deluxe to me. If I had someone carrying & maintaining my stuff, I'd go for a 1970 Pro Reverb. But 'the pros' here outweigh the 'cons'. I also use a Fractal, and have used a Helix and Kemper. This is the best digital replication of a Deluxe I've ever heard.

There are lots of videos out there comparing this Deluxe to a reissue tube version. On some of them, the one I liked was the tube one, but just as many, I liked this one. Good enough for me.
    Attached Files
    Administrator of the SDUGF

That seems very cool. Didn't even know that existed. Congrats.

Comment

Cool, enjoy! They’ve sounded great on the demos I’ve heard.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

At a glance, I thought this thread was about NNAMDI, a drummer and songwriter/singer/rapper out of Chicago.

---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

waiting for the long term review once the honeymoon wears off

I like those as well

happy amp day
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

the ir on the xlr out is a great feature, im sure the amp will get some good use

Comment

That is a sweet little amp. As I have said many times I think the Deluxe is one of the most perfectly made amps in history. It has a great balance of tone, output, and size.

Comment

Wonderful! No tubes to replace, much less weight to haul, most of the tone is there
                ​​​​​​ the look is there
                looking forward to any other thoughts and impressions you have down the road, reliability and such
                When they finally do the tone master PR I'm probably going to have to get one

Comment

Congrats on the purchase! Rock on!
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Sweet. I didn't know these existed either. Enjoy.

Comment

I have to say, the XLR sounds amazing, too. Brought it to the studio for a few overdubs today...you can mute the speaker, so you can just have the amp in the control room and connect it to the mixer.
                      From what I heard, a Tone Master Super Reverb and Princeton might be next. I am guessing the Princeton would weigh just about 15 lbs.

Comment

Right now it's just the twin and deluxe right
                        EHD

Comment

truly amazing how far modeling has come in the last couple of years...

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            Right now it's just the twin and deluxe right
                            Just the 2 right now, and there are 2 versions of the Twin & Deluxe. There is blackface and a blonde one. The blonde one has different impulse responses and has Neo Creamback instead of the neo Jensen.

Comment

and twin is about 10 lbs heavier, right?

I wonder which I would want the Blonde or the Blackface

too many choices
                              EHD

Comment

Working...
                              X