Friedman or Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
    For starters......tone wise...do any of these float your boat?

David Bray
    Germino
    Roccaforte
    Friedman Dirty Shirley
    Bogner Helios
    Metropolous Metro-plex
    Wizard
    I like all those amps' tones, but they are all out of my budget range, i'd like to keep it around €1000 used

Comment

Not sure about the exchange rate, but I would hope that you could find something used that's decent for that amount.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting... If that matters, the Friedman’s have two channels.
        I have the SC20H and some Friedman (Smallbox and Dirty Shirley Mini). They’re different amps. The Marshall needs to be played loud, probably with attenuation. After using the SC20 with my attenuator, I can’t even play with Master below 5 or 6 again... 8 is my sweet spot. And that’s where you get the classic Marshall tone.

Friedman will sound insanely good even with Master at 1... and I tried my attenuator to crank the volume, didn’t notice that bigger difference as the Marshall.

Both brands sounds awesome. If I had to choose one of your list, I don’t know... probably would go for the Friedman because of 2 channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Rei View Post
          Interesting... If that matters, the Friedman’s have two channels.
          I have the SC20H and some Friedman (Smallbox and Dirty Shirley Mini). They’re different amps. The Marshall needs to be played loud, probably with attenuation. After using the SC20 with my attenuator, I can’t even play with Master below 5 or 6 again... 8 is my sweet spot. And that’s where you get the classic Marshall tone.

Friedman will sound insanely good even with Master at 1... and I tried my attenuator to crank the volume, didn’t notice that bigger difference as the Marshall.

Both brands sounds awesome. If I had to choose one of your list, I don’t know... probably would go for the Friedman because of 2 channels.
          I think i'd get the Pink Taco instead of the Runt, it only has one channel but it seems to sound better than the Runt, how do the SC20 compare to the friedman in terms of feel, are the Friedmans easier and more fun to play? and are the dynamics of the amps similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post
            I think i'd get the Pink Taco instead of the Runt, it only has one channel but it seems to sound better than the Runt, how do the SC20 compare to the friedman in terms of feel, are the Friedmans easier and more fun to play? and are the dynamics of the amps similar?
            I agree with you about PT vs Runt, but never played neither...
            I’d say the Friedman’s are definitely easier to play, you don’t need to crank for great tones.

And as I mentioned, for the best result you must really push the Marshall I’m order to see what it takes. But as we know, high volumes comes with some noise. Not sure if that’s a problem for you, maybe a noise gate would solve.

About the dynamics, I think both are great. I didn’t record anything exploring dynamics with the SC20 (I’ll probably do, sometime), but I did with one of my Friedman:

Comment

Originally posted by Del Rei View Post

I agree with you about PT vs Runt, but never played neither...
              I’d say the Friedman’s are definitely easier to play, you don’t need to crank for great tones.

And as I mentioned, for the best result you must really push the Marshall I’m order to see what it takes. But as we know, high volumes comes with some noise. Not sure if that’s a problem for you, maybe a noise gate would solve.

About the dynamics, I think both are great. I didn’t record anything exploring dynamics with the SC20 (I’ll probably do, sometime), but I did with one of my Friedman:

I see, well i can get an SC20 combo + an attenuator for half the price a PT20 would cost me, I guess in that case i should go with the SC20?

Comment

The Pink Taco is the amp I like least of any friedman. I would seek out a used JJ Jr.

If you wanted to open up choices for your budget (or less) I would look PRS Archon 50 or the MT-15 and be done with it. Tons of tones available.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post
                  I see, well i can get an SC20 combo + an attenuator for half the price a PT20 would cost me, I guess in that case i should go with the SC20?
                  Well... If the budget will the problem, you should go for the SC20. It's hard to go wrong with any of these amps...

Comment

Working...
                  X