New Amp Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day!

I have been on an amp spree lately and picked up another one. I was torn between two amps and decided on the Mesa Boogie Triple Crown 100. I look forward to getting it and messing around with all its features. Should be a fun toy!
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

What’s the selling points of the Triple Crown? Is it purely a British or is it supposed to be the mythical Fender Clean and Marshall Crunch, along with Boogie Lead?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i was expecting a different high gain brand for some reason. its a high gain mesa that you can use el34, 6l6 or 6v6 power tubes in. more british than the recto series

Comment

Ah, 6v6 tubes! My forever favourite :/...
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

these amps are usually used with el34s but can run the others if you wanna swap em out. ive only heard em with el34s

Comment

Good choice. Very good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              What’s the selling points of the Triple Crown? Is it purely a British or is it supposed to be the mythical Fender Clean and Marshall Crunch, along with Boogie Lead?
              It has a lot of available tones inside. I gravitated to it for a lot of reasons. I found it to be a good value for what it is and what features it offers. The tube swap options appealed to me. The power scaling is a benefit for obvious reasons. The cab sim and headphone options is nice. The fact that it is fairly simple and straight forward in dialing in vs. other Mesas I have had was nice as well. I like the heavies and it seemed to hold up ok for what I wanted in that regard. The rock and clean tones are nice as well even though I mainly live on the super high gain side of things. I often times lean towards big bottle tubes and in some cases prefer the 6L6 over EL-34's in some amps. I am thinking I will go away from the EL-34's on this one but not 100% sure. Should be fun to get it all sorted out.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                i was expecting a different high gain brand for some reason. its a high gain mesa that you can use el34, 6l6 or 6v6 power tubes in. more british than the recto series
                Oh? What were you expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
                  Good choice. Very good choice.
                  Thank ya....thank ya varraaayyyyy muchhhhhh. (Elvis leg shake, point and wink).

Comment

You're welcome Darlin
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1ebc200d329d3bcf97d966a1b5ad172dj.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	6025290

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
                      You're welcome Darlin
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1ebc200d329d3bcf97d966a1b5ad172dj.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	6025290

Comment

Nice rig hope it is everything you expect it to be. Never played through one but played behind a band whose guitarist was running one at a outdoor even a few years ago and he got some great tones. (Edit was mistaken that's not the amp I thought it was never seen that one have to check it out! )
                        Last edited by Ascension; 11-02-2020, 06:28 PM.
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Amp arrived today. The few minutes I spent with it were good. I just went quickly through the channels and some fo the features and it should be a lot of fun to mess with. I look forward to spending some time with it and getting it dialed in for some various sounds. I can tell there are a lot of quality sounds inside the amp and I was quickly able to find some of them on each of the three channels. I know it will produce the heavies which is always my priority. The cleans seem nice and versatile so that will be fun to work with. What I am most surprised at is the possibility for the rock type mid gain tones on channel 2. I heard some things in there that are definitely worth exploring. I expect those to be my pleasant surprise with the amp but make no mistake, channel 3 is where it is at for me. High Gain, Metal, Rip your head off chug is home and so far the bed is comfy.

Comment

Congrats! I've heard here and elsewhere in gearland that the 100 watt has more going for it, hope you love it for years to come.

My hour with a TC-50 at a buddy's home studio was nice. But that was all I got out of it. To juice it and spend time feeling it out might have made me change my mind - I felt it was both dry and juicy in different frequency ranges than my Mark IV in the lead channel. That middle channel was sweet though!

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

• EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                            • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                            • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                            • G&L Tribute Comanche
                            • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                            • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                            • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I am really curious about trying some 6L6's in it and seeing how that sounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X