banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion IS the greatest speaker manufacturer in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion IS the greatest speaker manufacturer in the world.

Recently I had a few questions for Celestion regarding OEM speakers that I was thinking of buying. In each case I contacted Dr. Decibel the Celestion help line and received a reply within 24hrs. I also asked if I could purchase two Powered by Celestion badges for my cabs and they said it would be their honor and they provided them free of charge. Celestion is a shinning example of how customer service should be done!
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 10-30-2020, 03:35 PM.

I am pretty partial to Eminence myself, but I always appreciate a good customer service experience. Nice!
    Soundcloud

Comment

Dr. Decibel (and Celestion) is awesome. He laid down the deep infomation about ohmage when I was comparing vintage to modern offerings.

Comment

Celestion speakers are the gold standard for a reason. They just record beautifully.

Comment

I have been working with them closely for about 10 years now and every interaction is a joy.

Comment

Rola Celestion UK is my preference.
            Not really a fan of the Chinese stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
              Rola Celestion UK is my preference.
              Not really a fan of the Chinese stuff.
              They both sound good. Celestion speakers have been my favorites since...forever!
              “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I think the Chinese stuff sounds great

Comment

I'm still a fan of the old 12M-70's.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I really want to try out the red backs. I have been thinking of getting two.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      I think the Chinese stuff sounds great
                      The Chinese stuff has an unfair reputation. This is 2020. I say, give the modern market a chance to prove itself. I had one Celestion speaker from China about 7 years ago now, it was not the worst speaker I had ever heard. In fact, to be fair, it was not bad. I did replace it, the amp did sound better, but the Chinese Celestion was not bad.

Disclaimer: I have no beef with Celestion. They make a fine speaker. I have used many of them. They are a legendary company. I just have a lot of luck with finding tones I love through Eminence speakers for both guitar and bass. Eminence is a serious player, but Celestion started this sh!t and they deserve their credit.
                      Soundcloud

Comment

I have seen many comparisons on Youtube where they are comparing the same Chinese vs English made speakers but that's a poor comparison because one speaker is 20-30 years old while the other is new and not broken in. If both were brand new the comparison would be more valid.
                        Last edited by idsnowdog; 10-31-2020, 04:40 AM.

Comment

What people fail to take into consideration is Chinese manufacturers build to the specs requested by the client. Some want the least expensive materials and manufacturing processes. Others want the highest quality. Case in point Eventide pedals are made in China, there is nothing cheap about their construction. You might want to look at the bottom of your gear and look at the country of origin.

Comment

Indeed. Couldn't have said it better. We all want a bad guy, but Chinese made stuff is not the bad guy. Our preconceived attitudes are the bad guy. Chinese stuff is made exactly how it is drawn up. The investor/owner is responsible for the quality.
                            Soundcloud

Comment

Before the Chinese it was the Japanese' turn to be our societal scapegoat. The simple fact is industries rise, fall and migrate constantly. It's market economics at it's most basic but it becomes the grist for political and cultural revanchism. By golly my father worked in this here coal mine, and his father before him and those evil (insert nationality) _____ done stole my wonderful mining job and my chance to die early from black lung disease. Never mind that the mine was depleted, no longer safe, or profitable it's those darned _____ that took our jobs! So we need to reclaim those wonderful days of multi-generational poverty and exploitation. A great deal of the industries that left are purely exploitative and those jobs will continue to migrate because the people who run them can find labor that's cheaper than the cost of automation.
                              Last edited by idsnowdog; 10-31-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X