banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion IS the greatest speaker manufacturer in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    What people fail to take into consideration is Chinese manufacturers build to the specs requested by the client. Some want the least expensive materials and manufacturing processes. Others want the highest quality. Case in point Eventide pedals are made in China, there is nothing cheap about their construction. You might want to look at the bottom of your gear and look at the country of origin.
    ^ THIS. I ordered two custom runs of CTS pots and they would only build exactly what was in the drawings and written in the contract. No assumptions or going 'above and beyond', just 'doing the job, as specified.'

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

^ THIS. I ordered two custom runs of CTS pots and they would only build exactly what was in the drawings and written in the contract. No assumptions or going 'above and beyond', just 'doing the job, as specified.'
      And if the quality of the product slips and the manufacturer has implemented unauthorized cost saving measures that's a quality control and customer relations problem for the re-seller. The re-seller needs to establish stricter quality control or they need to find a new supplier. All are market forces you face no matter where it's made.

Comment

I, for some reason, want a Weber vintage style speaker .
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

The UK made vs Chinese made Celestion discussion has been brought up many times on a Marshall forum I visit. The conclusion is they are the same. The speaker construction process involves many machines. Workers basically supply and remove parts to and from machines.

The QA needs to be strong too in terms of materials and their supply chain.

Comment

I'm going to try to steer this back onto topic. I had an Eminence Governor and a Celestion Vintage 30 side by side in the same 2x12 cabinet. I miced up the Vintage 30 and listened, then I did the same to the Governor in about the same spot on the cone. The Vintage 30 sounded just about like I'd expect, but I was surprised by the Governor, expecting it to sound cheaper and significantly worse. The highs on the Celestion were much sweeter and more sparkly, but the mids of the Eminence were crunchier, and the lows were firmer. They both sound great, but I think the highs on the Vintage 30 make it the one that's preferable, just because there was no frequency range in the Celestion that had any harshness at all.

Comment

I have had both the Governor and V30 in a cab together as well and preferred the V30. It really did sound... less... something positive.

I've tried Swamp Thang's, Texas Heat's and Governor's and I always end up back using Celestion speakers. I don't have any specific bias as far as brands go but they have definitely been my personal favorite from speaker to speaker. Greenbacks, redbacks, v30's with g12h30's or g12t's. I didn't, and it isn't typical, love the G12H creambacks and sold them. Just never suited me.

I had a WGS Veteran I didn't love but really enjoy the ET65 for 80's type rock and metal.

I have been using a couple Black Label EVM12L's for a couple of years off and on now and still haven't gotten fully used to them. I haven't driven them nearly hard enough to break them in most likely. But I don't have a forest near me needing leveling. They don't have that grit that like a greenback gives, of course. The only Eminence I've loved so far are the Delta Pro 12a's that are pretty similar to the EVM's. Even when I mix them, I prefer the Delta's. They just sound so good. I got them in a ridiculous deal on ebay so I tried them. Put them all 4 together in an Orange PPC412 and it was both heavy and freakishly loud compared to my EVH cab. All the headrooms at 1200 watts.

My favorites so far are the EVH speakers that I believe I've read are new production black backs? I like the Chinese greenbacks but prefer the EVH's usually.

Comment

I bet that a half stack of C-Rex's (hybrid half closed) would sound killer.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X