Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC30cc1 + creamback

Hi there.

i was wondering what you guys think of putting a Celestion G12M-65 12" 16ohm Creamback speaker in the ac30cc1 amp. It has to replace the stock Neo-dog speaker.

What do you guys think of this creamback speaker? I play mostly southern rock(rock, blues, country). I'm not looking for comparisons.. just what your experience is with this speaker.

Thanks.

Marco

In my opinion, the Creamback is Celestions best speaker. This is only an opinion. I replaced the stock speakers in my Peavey 5150 212 combo with a set of 65’s. I also installed a pair of the Creamback 65’s in a empty Avatar 212 cabinet I recently purchased. I’ve been absolutely satisfied with them. They produce the amount of warmth that I like in a speaker. Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t Vox amps on the bright side? If so, and you’re looking to warm up the tone I would say that the Creamback is an excellent choice for doing just that. For the styles of music you play the Creamback will work just fine.

Comment

I assume if you put a 65w speaker in a 30w amp, it might be cleaner, less break up. Haven't tried a Creamback. My AC30's have Celestion Blues in them. But I've used all the variants of the greenback - historic, reissue, the 50hz whatever Hendrix bass speaker, and the Vintage 30 and historic reissues in a 1x12 extension cab with an Orange AD50 and an Emery SuperBaby and in general the higher rated Celestions were cleaner but maybe a little darker and more mid-heavy (perhaps the amp wasn't driving the speaker enough?). the lower power/performing speakers were brighter and had a delicious break up to them. But again, I haven't used a Creamback in my AC30s, so it's always worth a try. It might do something sensational and just what you need.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The stock neo dog speaker is also 60watts so i think the break up should not be that different right?

Comment

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
          Thanks for the replies. The stock neo dog speaker is also 60watts so i think the break up should not be that different right?
          Yeah, well the performance is similar, but that doesn't mean Neo sounds the same as Creamback. The cone, seam glues and other elements could make a dramatically different sound.
          Last edited by beaubrummels; 11-02-2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Thats why i want a different speaker.. to get a other sound. But i mean the wattage is not doing so much because the neo dog is also 60 watts...

Comment

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
              Thats why i want a different speaker.. to get a other sound. But i mean the wattage is not doing so much because the neo dog is also 60 watts...
              Breakup is affected by the whole design of the speaker down to things like the stiffness of the materials used so power handling doesn't give that good an idea of breakup. There are 50w speakers that break up late and some that break up very early, you sort of have to go by reviews and sometimes testing for yourself to see. I can get speaker breakup from my Eminence Reignmaker 50w speaker from a 22w amp, design choice by Eminence...

​​​​​​So if you like reviews and sound clips that you find of the creamback I'd say go for it, I can't tell you how much I see that speaker recommended for 1x12 combos

Comment

I put a G12H-75 Creamback in my AC-30S1 & it was literally the perfect single speaker for it, @ least IMHO...
                I’ve also got a 16ohm Orange PPC2X12 loaded with a pair of 8ohm Celestion ALNICO Blues that’s sounds closer to the typical AC-30TB tone, & I often run my VOX’s through that...

My AC-15HW also is loaded with a Blue, & they’ll always be the best choice for the classic VOX sound, again IMHO...

However, if you only have the ability to run one speaker in the combo as was the case with my AC-30S1, the Creamback is definitely the next best choice....
                I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
                X