No announcement yet.

What amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wanting to try/buy a Laney LA-30BL for some time now.
    also on the list, I've never gotten to play through a Hiwatt, and always wanted to try a Matchless Chieftain
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Mostly, I just want to try a dietzel 412 cabinet with celestion 100w speakers.

Would also like to try the wampler head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need another amp like I need a another hole in the head.

But I'd like to have an EVH 5150. Either the 50 watt or 100 watt.

I guess the 5150 III.

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I've had the chance to try some of these here and there . . . but it would be awesome to have a couple weeks to play around with and compare some classic amps:

Fender '65 Super Reverb
          Fender '68 Deluxe Reverb
          Fender '57 Tweed Twin
          Fender '59 Bassman
          Fender 5E3 Deluxe
          Marshall 50 watt SLP with Greenbacks in a half stack
          Marshall Bluesbreaker
          Vox AC30 with an Alnico Blue
          Hiwatt DR103

That would tide me over for quite a while.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I want to try (when it comes out -hopefully 2021) a Marshall SV20 (Plexi reissue) released in a 1x12 combo and with a different speaker than a V type.

I was underwhelmed by the SV20C -the 20W amp is incredible driving other speakers but the 1x10 V type and 1x10 size cabinet is just not the right choice in my opinion
            https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/p...s/studio/sv20c

So really want to try a 1x12 version.
            Last edited by NegativeEase; 12-21-2020, 10:43 AM.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Since I saw That Pedal Show with Joey Landreth, I've been lusting after a brown face Fender Super. That harmonic tremolo...
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Friedman
                Diezel
                Engl
                5150 III
                Cameron

Comment

A Vox of some sort
                  AC 15 or 10

One of my friends loves them
                  I have only heard about them
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Driftwood Purple Nightmare
                    Revv Generator 120 MKiii
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I’m not even into Fender amps, but I’d love to play wah wah’s Champ.
                      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Fender Princeton, Fender Vibro-series, Marshall AFD100, Mesa Mk V
                        Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

I’ve been fortunate enough to have friends who have been dealers or collectors for most of the amps I’ve wanted to try.

The biggest things I’ve not spent a lot time with are some old Fender tweeds and brownface amps. I’d also like to try a HiWatt 100 watter (not sure of the model names). And surprisingly enough, I’ve not had the chance to try a Marshall Silver Jubilee.

Comment

I wanna try the Victory Copper; it's Martin's take on an AC/Vox-style amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              For some reason, amps don't interest me as much as pedals and guitars. I get a good clean sound with reverb and I am happy.
                              More or less agreed. I don't have a wide range of experience in amps, and I'm sure there are amps out there that would blow me away, but I'm pretty happy with the tones I can get from my Boss Katana. Clean with reverb, clean with chorus/delay, and metal are pretty much all I need. And the Boss, being a modeling amp, lets me dial in just about any tone I want anyhow.

Comment

I mean, there are really great clean amps out there that are wonderful, like Carr and Swart. They are expensive Fender-style amps that would be awesome to own. But certainly not necessary. Recently I got a Tone Master Deluxe Reverb which works just fine for me. And it weighs just over 20lbs.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X