banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D#$$# it may have smoked the Archon head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    This was the input to the cab where the jack failed so likely the amp saw a dead short to the output of the power amp section.
    Ah. Sorry. Didn't catch that part. Ouch!

Comment

Hopefully it's just the output tranny. Unless there's some other fail safe circuitry to protect the transformer from damage.
      For the cab jack nut, put some clear nail polish over the threads and then tighten it down. It won't come loose again.

Comment

This is all terribly frustrating. These are so complex that it is almost impossible to open it up and see something obvious. Hopefully you can update us with good news soon.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I still think there is a fuse hidden away inside the amp that blew that may be harder to find. I am hoping so for you anyway.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            For the cab jack nut, put some clear nail polish over the threads and then tighten it down. It won't come loose again.
            Couple of drops of super glue on the threads for a temp repair but have one of these incoming won't happen EVER again!

Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Just start looking for an OP tranny

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

A hidden fuse took out my Blue Angel at a gig. It took me awhile to locate the fuse. But that was the issue..I plugged into an outlet on the stage and BAM.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  Those are nice to keep the plug in the jack but to keep the jack from coming off the plate but the nut coming undone, the super glue or clear nail polish is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X