banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VIDEO) Marshall vs Friedman (JCM800 Studio vs Smallbox20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (VIDEO) Marshall vs Friedman (JCM800 Studio vs Smallbox20)

Hey.... Again!
    Quick comparison here.

Important:
    I can't use same EQ in both amps. Marshall is much more bright. So, different EQ was used.
    \o/

I expected a bigger difference between the two but although they may not be eq'd the same they sound very similar. I guess the question is what's the range of each? Does each have their own specific niches or does one have a wider tonal variety?

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
      I expected a bigger difference between the two but although they may not be eq'd the same they sound very similar. I guess the question is what's the range of each? Does each have their own specific niches or does one have a wider tonal variety?
      Hey, man.
      The Friedman have a bigger range of tonality. Not only because of the second channel, but the EQ range. If you set all EQ at noon Marshall will sound much more brighter. But you can get the same tonality in Friedman by tweaking the EQ. Even in most bright settings in the Marshall you can cover that with Friedman. But you can go much more dark in Friedman and can’t with Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Rei View Post
        Hey, man.
        The Friedman have a bigger range of tonality. Not only because of the second channel, but the EQ range. If you set all EQ at noon Marshall will sound much more brighter. But you can get the same tonality in Friedman by tweaking the EQ. Even in most bright settings in the Marshall you can cover that with Friedman. But you can go much more dark in Friedman and can’t with Marshall.
        I would expect that the Friedman would cover more ground.

Comment

I hear the attack much more clearly on the Marshall, but there's not a whole lot else that sticks out to me. I have to say, though, I do love your demos.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
            I hear the attack much more clearly on the Marshall, but there's not a whole lot else that sticks out to me. I have to say, though, I do love your demos.
            Hey, man! Thanks for the comment!
            I love both amps! LOL

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
            I would expect that the Friedman would cover more ground.
            Yeah, that’s right!

Comment

Working...
            X