DOD pedals, specifically the Stereo Flanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD pedals, specifically the Stereo Flanger

Yesterday when jamming with a mate on his not so great Zoom practise amp i messed about with the on board effects and found a love of flanger, could do a wide variety of tricks with that Ive played them before and liked them so i think ill snap one up...

... and coincidentally a mate of mine is selling his DOD stereoflanger. I havent given it a whirl yet but i will when im back at uni. I just wanna know what people think of DOD in general. As long as its solid etc and not lousy sounding ill be cool. Also are there any other flangers on the market that for reasonably money i should consider too. My mate is selling his for around £25ish which isnt much at all so chances are ill snap it up. Opinions please!

Thanks alot

Jeff

Re: DOD pedals, specifically the Stereo Flanger

They aren't the best, but for a flanger, they'll do the job. Just baby the thing, because the pots, knobs, switch, and battery cover tend to break easier than Boss.

As for OD's.....DOD stands for Donny Osmond Distortion! LOL
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Personally I can't stand DigiTech/DOD at all...the oNLY think I have from them that I actually like is my old pre-reissue whammy pedal, other than that I won't bother with any of it.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

that said...if a box gives you the sound you want...use it!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hmm the durability is annoying, though £25 isnt much. Im feeling i may snap it up since a new BOSS flanger i think is like £70-80ish. Any other flangers i should look into?

Cheers

Jeff

Comment

For Flangers, I like my old MXR (pre Dunlop...I do not care for the Dunlop reissue but some guys like them), I also LOVE my old Electro Harmonix Flangers (the Deluxe electric Mistress is the one I go to most of the time...the reissues are kick ass also), I also like the ADA Flanger...I think those are my favs...there are also a fw others that come to mind but they cost big $$$ and I don't use a Flanger often enough to justify a $500 flanger!

Comment

I snapped up a vintage ADA Flanger from a guy who wasn't very savvy on vintage pedal prices. I gave him $80 for it!! Also, the ADA has little internal trimpots all over the circuit, so it can be tuned to perfection. I spent an hour playing it, and making little tweaks. All the buttons are so sensitive to changes, that I use little pieces of electrical tape to mark the settings, in case the knobs get bumped off of their ideal setting. ADA's are awesome, but hard to find.

For the money, there's no reason not to buy the DOD Flanger. They don't sound too bad.

Comment

That was the first pedal I had, and as I recall, it was pretty cool. Like some others, I've got a lot of touble justifying high prices for something like a flanger, so definitely get that one.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

My main Flanger is a Boss from the late 80's.... love it.... But i have bought 2 DOD Fangers used over the years and still have them.... I bought them for cheap! Not bad pedals for the price i paid! If i was buying new i would not of bought the DOD's but the price was right so i grabed them. I use them! I also have 2 DOD Digital Delays i got for $40 Canadian each.... Think i paid $40 each for the DOD Flangers too..

If the price is right and you like the sound buy it.....

Comment

Got an old Arion flanger, my dad found it at home not so long ago...hehe it still sounds wonderfully dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      I snapped up a vintage ADA Flanger from a guy who wasn't very savvy on vintage pedal prices. I gave him $80 for it!! Also, the ADA has little internal trimpots all over the circuit, so it can be tuned to perfection. I spent an hour playing it, and making little tweaks. All the buttons are so sensitive to changes, that I use little pieces of electrical tape to mark the settings, in case the knobs get bumped off of their ideal setting. ADA's are awesome, but hard to find.
                      Ahhh man really?!? Next time you find a deal like that on an ADA send it my way! I'd love to have an ADA but I'd never gig with it. They're pretty crazy sounding, not really a "stock" flanger sound...but they do the jet engine sweep thing & Steve Stevesn "ray gun" soooooooo well it's worth the price of admission. I have two in my stable, an original MXR and a reissue EH Electric Mistress which cover the bases pretty well.

DOD pedals aren't horrible, but some of 'em are better then others. They're like PV...once in a while they'll make something really cool and then discontinue it LOL!
                      J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                      mixer|producer|recordist
                      mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                      All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

I kinda use it the same way Van Halen or Steve Stevens would use it. I don't usually turn it on for playing parts. I use it in places where the band stops, and then turn it on while muting/raking the strings, then launch into a chorus.
                        It kind of has that dramatic sci-fi type thing like VH's Atomic Punk or Idol's White Wedding ray gun.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I will snap it up. The flanger wont be a crucial part of my sound or rig so the price is good for that. Another little toy Again thanks.

jeff

Comment

I picked this pedal board up a few weeks ago really cheap. I will say the flanger is not too bad. Most of these pedals are ok except that God awful SupraDistortion

Comment

Cant see a flange there, but nice pedal board!

Comment

Working...
                              X