"What's in the box?!" NAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What's in the box?!" NAD

Its been almost two weeks, but finally the box I've been waiting for showed up.
    A Laney LA30 BL
    It'll have to wait until tomorrow to try out, giving it time to warm up. But, I cant wait to try it out along with the ThroBak Strange Master treble booster I recently purchased.
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Her pretty head?

Comment

That is beyond sweet I love Laney amps

Comment

Cool looking amp. How does it sound?
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

So first impressions...
          The Iommi sounds are definitely there, just need to do some tweaking to the IR models.
          Other than that, it kind of reminds me of the Vint Lo channel on my Electra Dyne, definitely British sounding but with the mids being more in the low mid range instead of upper mids. Even with the inputs jumped and the Gain (Volume) cranked it still cleans up by rolling the guitar volume down to about 7, or 5 with an OD pedal in front.
          sigpic
          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
          X