NAD: Mooer SD 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Mooer SD 75

I received this a couple of days ago, bought it from a known wholesaler in Germany for 260€.

Since you can't find much info yet, I decided to write my first thoughts after I've spent a few hours with it.

The Good.
    Sounds BIG, like there's a real amp in the room.
    Feels VERY solid and well made (knobs, handle, everything)
    Probably loud enough for any situation (small rehearsal without PA, any gig with PA as monitor, small bar gig without PA)
    Super easy to understand and use, there is a reason they do not provide a printed manual (although I wish they did).
    Bluetooth, drum machine and looper: great tools for practice (these were the main selling points for me)
    Wireless 4 button footswitch included (!).
    All features are accessible from the amp's control panel, no need to connect your phone or computer.

The Bad.
    Amp models sound a bit cold sometimes, it lacks the feel of a tube amp (obviously it isn't one, but lacks the feel more so than other modelers I think)
    Although the models are much more accurate than my previous practice amp (Vox VTX) there's something missing in how they feel.
    No amp cab options, they are fixed for each amp model.
    Amp models are a curious selection, not everyone's cup of tea. There are enough high gain models, probably enough clean ones too. However not much going on in between.
    I think the only marshall modeled is the JCM 900.
    The footswitch has 4 led's, one on top of each switch. However you can have them either all light up at the same time, or off. It is weird that it doesn't light up based on which switch you have pressed. You can only know which preset you are on by looking at the amp.

Effects
    Decent reverbs, modulations.
    Great tape delay.
    Good sounding boost pedals (TS, blues driver)

I hope this helps someone looking for a modeling amp!

I intend to use it mostly for home/practice, and once in a while for rehearsal at a friend's home studio.
    Maybe also for a small bar gig where stage space is too limited to have amp + pedals.
    Last edited by mariosyjp; 12-16-2020, 02:48 AM.
Working...
X