X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OlinMusic
    replied
    Re: Diezel Einstein

I will do that for sure, next time I am in Finland. Can I get a Nokia with that beer?

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

Originally posted by OlinMusic
    I think the cleans on the DIEZEL are nice but not phenomenal. They are in the "hey that's great for a high gain amp!" The Shiva gets a clean that makes you almost go F*** let's play a Jazz gig. The Reverb is lush.

The DIEZEL has its own brand of fat, high gain. It's kinda like uhhhhhhhhh crap how do I say this? It's got an original sound. FAT, yet not mushy, NEVER BUZZSAW, powerful, VERY CHUNKY. I only criticize that I hear it as more saturated than say the sparkly crunch of a JTM45, should you want that old AC DC sound. If you want that level of freedom, go Bogner Ecstasy. If you want modern that can play in the new music vein while holding a harmonically rich classic tone - go DIEZEL. They are such different amps - so you have to decide by what you want in responsiveness and style of music.

The Shiva lacks modern features such as switchable loops etc. midi blah blah blah
    I'd really like a great clean channel, but I understand that I can't get it all for that price. An ecstacy is 2x the price and way out of my league at the moment.

A personal sound is great, I'd like a bit of a departure from standard marshalls and fenders. I'm not that much into AC/DC so I probably won't mind that! It sounds great and looks great, and all those modern bells and whistles do mean a bit to me.

Thanks again, do let me know if you're ever around and I'll buy you a beer! And no watery soap variety, some quality czech or finnish stuff! Maybe even both!

Leave a comment:

• OlinMusic
    replied

I think the cleans on the DIEZEL are nice but not phenomenal. They are in the "hey that's great for a high gain amp!" The Shiva gets a clean that makes you almost go F*** let's play a Jazz gig. The Reverb is lush.

The DIEZEL has its own brand of fat, high gain. It's kinda like uhhhhhhhhh crap how do I say this? It's got an original sound. FAT, yet not mushy, NEVER BUZZSAW, powerful, VERY CHUNKY. I only criticize that I hear it as more saturated than say the sparkly crunch of a JTM45, should you want that old AC DC sound. If you want that level of freedom, go Bogner Ecstasy. If you want modern that can play in the new music vein while holding a harmonically rich classic tone - go DIEZEL. They are such different amps - so you have to decide by what you want in responsiveness and style of music.

The Shiva lacks modern features such as switchable loops etc. midi blah blah blah

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

Originally posted by philthis
    Ive head several good things and read several good reviews about the VH4 from Diesel. Alot of people like its channel 4 for the lead tone the best out of all there amps. The problem is I have never played one myself and so I cannot personaly recomend it to you. I guess just look for clips if nothing else and hope to hell there acurate enough.
    Ok, cheers! That's what I'm going to do. I'm quite certain about it, maybe we'll see a new amp thread in january or february!

Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• philthis
    replied

Ive head several good things and read several good reviews about the VH4 from Diesel. Alot of people like its channel 4 for the lead tone the best out of all there amps. The problem is I have never played one myself and so I cannot personaly recomend it to you. I guess just look for clips if nothing else and hope to hell there acurate enough.

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

Originally posted by aleclee
    My opinion is that it's a bad idea to spend that much money on an amp you've never played.

I don't care who says they like it and don't even care what clips sound like. Until you know how it sounds/feels with your guitar and your touch, it's a huge risk to assume that it's gonna work for you.

Also, it would be much easier to offer suggestions for alternatives if you shared more about what tones you're looking for and what kind of music you play.
    There's one thing I'd like to add to this conversation, which I forgot to do earlier on. In Finland, when you buy without going to the shop, you get full two weeks free return policy. No exceptions. If I go to the shop, I only get to test it out there in their conditions, with their gear, and if I carry it out of the shop, there's no "must" for the shop to take it back if I'm not pleased with it. So that's in my favor a lot. Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier on, I thought that it would explain my reasonings quite a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

Originally posted by XSSIVE
    what's the deal with the Einstein is it sort of a stripped down herbert or a whole other animal?

-Mike
    The way I've got it, though I haven't got to play it like discussed, is that it's a new separate amp that isn't so feature-packed as the VH4 and the Herbert. Some people say that it's not so modern, although people tend not to agree on anything. It's got it's own tone and it's no little brother, it's a different design concept that's supposed to be "bare bones" IIRC which results in it being a bit more affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

Originally posted by OlinMusic
    I loved the Einstein. I think it's the latest in tone and sounds! It's revolutionary and there is good reason why its all the rage among pros from Bon Jovi to Neal Schon.

That being said, I would use the Einstein for heavier sounds and versatility. If you want PURE TONE and a gorgeous rich Marshall-y sound with sweetness it IS THE SHIVA hands down! MY FAVE AMP! I do detest the effects loop, and I do not think it is as great as a plexi with pedals, but unless I want HEAVY METAL CHUNK, I would take the SHIVA. If you want more saturation then its the Diezels all the way!
    Thanks for your thoughts! I've been really looking at those amps as serious contenders. I don't know if I'll use those heavy sounds that much, even though versatility is something I strive for to find in the amp I buy and I'd like those heavier sounds to be there too. How are the cleans and the lighter crunch in the Diezel? Also what is heavy to you? Bon Jovi? Or Slayer?

What's the deal with the Shiva loop? I read something about having to use a certain kind of cable and etc. but I thought that the problems were curable? I'd like to use a few effects every now and then, and if the loop will really give me problems that is a big minus for the Shiva. Otherwise it does look great, even if it isn't as packed with boosts/pots/eqs etc. like the VHT and the Diezel.

Thanks again, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• XSSIVE
    replied

what's the deal with the Einstein is it sort of a stripped down herbert or a whole other animal?

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• OlinMusic
    replied

I loved the Einstein. I think it's the latest in tone and sounds! It's revolutionary and there is good reason why its all the rage among pros from Bon Jovi to Neal Schon.

That being said, I would use the Einstein for heavier sounds and versatility. If you want PURE TONE and a gorgeous rich Marshall-y sound with sweetness it IS THE SHIVA hands down! MY FAVE AMP! I do detest the effects loop, and I do not think it is as great as a plexi with pedals, but unless I want HEAVY METAL CHUNK, I would take the SHIVA. If you want more saturation then its the Diezels all the way!

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

You might consider a Koch Multitone or Powertone
    I've been thinking about those too, although especially the new Twintone II. They seem to be loaded with nice bells and whistles but I'm thinking where the tone is with them.

Thanks for your help again, can you offer any more?

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

You might consider a Koch Multitone or Powertone

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

My opinion is that it's a bad idea to spend that much money on an amp you've never played.

I don't care who says they like it and don't even care what clips sound like. Until you know how it sounds/feels with your guitar and your touch, it's a huge risk to assume that it's gonna work for you.

Also, it would be much easier to offer suggestions for alternatives if you shared more about what tones you're looking for and what kind of music you play.
    Heh, I figured out that I got that one coming... but it isn't like the US here where you guys have all the amps available at your disposal to try them out when you'd like. I don't have anything else than Marshalls within 500 miles.

I thought that the Einstein is such a new model that there really even ain't any at the shelves about anywhere... it would be quite easy to unload too if it wasn't my style.

I play weird rock, style such as Nick Cave + PJ Harvey + Mannhai + older Danzig. They have some of the tones I'm after too, but naturally I'm after a bit extra and a bit more me. A great clean that's pushable to a slight grit, a lighter gain and a smooth high gain for rarer distortion/lead parts. Dynamics, clarity and great "musical" mids are what I'm after.

Cheers, thanks for your input.

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    started a topic Diezel Einstein

Diezel Einstein

Anyone have any opinions/experiences about this amp? I'm seriously thinking about ordering one. I've also been looking at Bogner Shiva and VHT 50/ST as alternatives, can you say anything about them, compared to the Einstein as well if possible? Thanks!
Working...
X