Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory The Sheriff V4 Preamp Pedal

Good day,

What are your impressions of the Victory Sheriff V4 Preamp Pedal?
    Any usage is fine, but I'm more looking for the usage as bypassing the preamp of your main amp and going into the effects loop.

What did you like about it, dislike, does it do the Plexi sound fairly well, and what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks,
    GreatOz

My man, I’ve been debating one for over two years now. I read conflicting things on it. Some say it’s the perfect Marshall pedal, some say it’s too muddy and not dynamic enough. I should just take the plunge, but since I’ve been playing with the rack setup I haven’t thought about it lately.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I kinda like the idea of it. My use-case would be to have effectively two amps for live use: one American-voiced, one British-voiced.

The Countess/The Jack may also be a good choice for this purpose.
      Last edited by GreatOz; 12-18-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I’ve got and really like the V40 Deluxe. Not exactly Fender but it can be in that ballpark without the real sparkly stuff. I figure adding the Sheriff pedal would get me great cleans I can use my OD with, then hit the Sheriff for Marshall tones. That’s the dream anyway...
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The idea was to combine it with my Mesa Fillmore 25, which already has great American clean and lead tones. Use the Sheriff or the Countess/Jack for the British tones. Not sure how well they'd blend with the 6v6's in the Fillmore though, prolly be fine though.

Comment

Lol, I ended up ordering one of these anyway. Seller gave me a deal that was good enough not to pass up on one. Worst-case scenario, I don't like it and I could either return it for my money back or sell it for what I paid for it.

More likely scenario is I'll really like it and it'll cover what the Fillmore doesn't.

Comment

I am very interested in your thoughts on this, it may be the perfect complement to my CAB M!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Cool, let’s see the review when you get it all connected!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X