No announcement yet.

Gibson buying Mesa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, Gibson releases a slew of lawsuits against Fender for producing less hot-rodded Mesa amps.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Why don't we just wait and see what happens?
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        If true, the price of my pre-Gibson Mesa just doubled. But Gibson has a history of buying brands and killing them (Tobias, Steinberger, Oberheim).
        If they killed those brands they MURDERED cakewalk in cold blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fluff has a unique talent for turning all gear demos into homogenized, over processed, down tuned, butt metal garbage. At least with Ola's "will it chug" he tries to find a tone that works with the gear he's using. Fluff just turns everything into diarrhea.
          Last edited by idsnowdog; 01-06-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Seems like this is a full-on acquisition:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gib...0Mesa%2FBoogie.

Hmmm... I had been needlessly looking at a Dual Recto as I really miss my old Recto that was retubed with 6V6s. This might be the push to scoop one up. I hope things don't go south, but if they do, I don't want to wait until that point when pre-Gibson Mesa prices skyrocket.
            DayGlo

Comment

Looks like I'll be keeping my F100 for quite a while...

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post
                Seems like this is a full-on acquisition:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gib...0Mesa%2FBoogie.

Hmmm... I had been needlessly looking at a Dual Recto as I really miss my old Recto that was retubed with 6V6s. This might be the push to scoop one up. I hope things don't go south, but if they do, I don't want to wait until that point when pre-Gibson Mesa prices skyrocket.
                They will continue to build Mesa Boogie amps and will function as Gibson’s Custom Shop for amps.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Will we have to play 50 Mesa amps now before we find one worthy of even considering a purchase? I guess my studio build stuff is off and my hunt for Mesa amps is on. I hate Gibson.
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    Why don't we just wait and see what happens?
                    Because this is the internet and we're just here for the lulz.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

My guess is that the Mesa branded amps won't change much, but the marketing will, and the Gibson branded amps will cost a fortune.

It won't make any difference to me though, I like Marshall and Peavey better anyhow.
                      Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 01-06-2021, 02:25 PM.
                      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Hey guys DON'T FRET ABOUT MESA!

Gibson is doing a great job with STEINBERGER right?
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                          Hey guys DON'T FRET ABOUT MESA!

Gibson is doing a great job with STEINBERGER right?
                          I take it that you are either feeling better or on good pain meds.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMD

****! Is he trying to get a King V made by every guitar company on the planet?
                            It's akin to wanting to summit all of the globe's highest peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              I take it that you are either feeling better or on good pain meds.

No meds right now -but just mild pain right now -but I haven't ate anything in 24 hours

So we'll see.

Thanks
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Mesa Gibby?
                                -
                                My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X