No announcement yet.

Gibson buying Mesa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hearing that Gibson is also buying Kiesel Guitars so that Jeff can now run day to day sales/marketing operations for the mesa brand.

Comment

Idk if it would ever happen, but it would be kind of cool if Gibson took some of the older Mesa models that are out of production (like the 50w single Rec, Electra Dyne, and Trans Atlantic/Royal Atlantic) and made them overseas as a new Epiphone line of amps
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post

I do a fair amount of M&A in my line of work as a corporate attorney. Companies that are acquired remain "intact" as distinct corporate entities all the time as wholly-owned subsidiaries of the buyer. That doesn't mean the parent company doesn't control them via complete stock ownership and thereby the board of directors, which together have complete power over the company and its management. The fact of the matter is that if Gibson really did buy Mesa, they can do whatever the hell they want to/with them, and whatever spin is being put on the situation now is meaningless. I hope things don't change, but if Mesa was actually acquired, my guess is that, absent Gibson agreeing to some very non-market and atypical covenants, Mesa isn't steering the ship in any meaningful capacity.

That being said, given the status of Mesa, I think Gibson would be stupid to interfere with what they're doing. They should really just leverage economies of scale/distribution power, and let Mesa do its thing so long as they continue to stay afloat.
        Not that Gibson has ever been known to do anything stupid.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I'm hoping Chibson takes over all over them soon...

Chibson is the future.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Mesa should just release all the amps they ever made and make them available again.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                I'm hoping Chibson takes over all over them soon...

Chibson is the future.
                Truer words have never been spoken in jest.

Comment

Goldtone by Mesa/Boogie

Make it happen, Gibson!

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                    Mesa should just release all the amps they ever made and make them available again.
                    Every year, they can re-release an old model or 2 and sustain themselves for years that way.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Every year, they can re-release an old model or 2 and sustain themselves for years that way.
                      True! Imagine walking into a store and they have all the various recto/tremo versions and all the various Mark series amps to pick from along with all they have now. That would be wonderful. Conservatively there are 6 amps I would buy (funds willing) right there that I know I am not alone on. In doing that, I bet they could double or triple overall sales.

I do think this Gibson partnership (if it stays isolated like both sides are saying - Sweetwater interview)will really help Mesa with distribution etc. I hope they can keep up with demand and find a good balance etc. I am really hoping it goes well for them. In the meantime, I am looking for used Mesa's like nobody's business...lol.
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I still imagine Gibson having whomever designed the robo-tuner work with Mesa to improve their offerings.

Comment

Well, Line 6 was bought by Yamaha, and the infusion of cash and other resources did wonders for the brand. Randall is probably getting at the point of retirement, and wanted to cash in on his legacy. Nothing wrong with that- he worked hard for it.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                          X