Roland JC40 & Amp Modeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland JC40 & Amp Modeling

Hello! I recently got a new JC40 and I’m loving it! However I’m looking to get a more breakup central blues sound that I can’t currently get with my pedals.

I seen some amp modeling pedals in a nearby shop and was wondering which would be better for my amp.

They have both the Line 6 AM4 and Sansamp GT2 pedals.

Does anyone have any experience with either pedal, or would know which one would better serve the tonal properties of my amp?

Thank you!

oh and should I run them in the effects loop or front of the amp?
    Attached Files

I would think the Sansamp would be better, as I don't think it has speaker modeling. Either way, I'd run it into the power amp in of the amp. But going into an amp really isn't the best use of either of those pedals. Going straight to a PA or recording device is what they are designed for.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If by great breakup tone, you mean that "hit it harder" for more and "lighter" for less by going into the clean channel, yeah - JC Clean is not meant for that to happen! But what a clean sound....

I can't really speak to that tone with either of those, but I'm thinking you want a really good volume-responsive pedal. Maybe a Boss Blues Driver or such. Dial your max breakup, and dial it back with the guitar volume.

OD pedal gurus will know what to use best.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I do not have experience with the pedal but I do have a lot of experience with JCs. I have found using something with a tube in the signal chain works best a Chandler or Butler Tube Driver is a great place to start. With the right overdrive, a JC will easily "Marshall" up and let you retain the Roland cleans when you click off the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I do not have experience with the pedal but I do have a lot of experience with JCs. I have found using something with a tube in the signal chain works best a Chandler or Butler Tube Driver is a great place to start. With the right overdrive, a JC will easily "Marshall" up and let you retain the Roland cleans when you click off the box.
          Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X