Zoom G11, I want one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom G11, I want one!

I know this is crazy, this is the much maligned, extremely overpriced (for what you get) FX processor from Zoom.

The thing is though, all the sound demos I have heard of it are stellar! I'm not talking about the crazy presets dripping with effects, but the basic amp tones, when the FX are stripped away sound "right" to me. Every bit as good as the others. Apparently the converters are top notch which may have something to do with it.

It is missing alot of features that the "flagship" processors have (routing, preset management, etc.), BUT it looks like it would be the most fun of all of them to use. And frankly it has enough features to do everything I would want (besides built in amp switching.)

AND they did lower the price to $600 (sale? permanent?)

It gets alot of things right. It has a color touch screen, but there are also dedicated amp controls and led screens showing all the settings. So you aren't reliant upon a single screen with an encoder knob. And it has a really deep compliment of FX, unlike the Headrush.

At much flak as it has gotten for being overpriced, I think people are missing the big picture: that it sounds great and is probably more fun to use than all of the other ones. At $600.... its really tempting.

Working...
X