HOTONE 5 Watt amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTONE 5 Watt amp

ok , you guys are going to think i a delusional, maybe i am , but , i have a thing for small amps & have been buying them for years, my first was a orange tiny terror, that i gave to my younger brother years ago, he has it hooked to a marshall 4x12 (probably Mid 70"s not sure) & a 1x12 orange cab, he is what we set our volume to ( i play thru a Carvin V 3 100/50 watt head used on 50 watt) thru a Carvin legacy 4x12 cab i think it has celetion v 30's , but i switched left top to a wgs 55 htz .. any ways there is anothe gtr payer that has a fender & pedals , we are kinda loud band , but not ear ringing loud , 2 weeks ago i took a Hotone vulcon (5150 clone ) & hooked it up thru his cabs,, damm if i didnt have to turn my amp up some , the hotone is noisy , so i ran a Isp decimator thru the loop & the thing kick ass , all the other guys were amazed at what was coming out of his speakers , my bro is wanting to get a couple of the hotone"s now , recently , i got the Hotone Freeze B (misnamed /actually friedman ) bro likes even better , & now tommorow , my Heart attack /duall rect clone will be here, dont let 5 watts fool you , they can definatly be used for jamming , they are smaller than a lot of pedals, have a fx loop & would make a great spare backup amp, ect to carry in bag /gtr case Ymmv, roger

Size/watts isn't what matters. Sound/tone is all the matters. Volume matters just when playing with others, but that can be helped with efficient speakers and bigger cabs. I like the small amps I have also. Hotones look interesting - good to know about the noise and a reasonable solution. Wonder if a smaller footprint Decimater/gate could be built on a small breadboard kind of box and just 'permanently' could be plugged into the loop so I don't have to carry an extra pedal and patch cables.

Comment

ive heard ho tones are good stuff but havent played one yet

Comment

they also have a few dual amp floor models 75 watts depending on ohms, one is a fender/dual rect , another is a vox/purple wind /59 plexi, i probably wont buy one of these ,cause i hate power cords on the floor,i use carvin wireles into tu3 tuner to amp switcher = more cords than i like to deal with, Btw the first Hotone was best offer shipped =$54, 2nd was $55 3rd HEARTATTACK usually/$99 +TAXwas $68.79 taxs & shipped , all from same seller on ebay the other gtr player &total fender guy is looking at the floor models, he is impressed..

Comment

I’ve looked at a few videos on the Hotone dual amplifiers; if I was going to be going for jam sessions with cabinets available then I would definitely consider getting one rather than lug my combo around.

Compared to the Orange Terror Stamp, the Hotones have 3-band EQ, a second channel, reverb, and more power.

Comment

Working...
          X