"Can I apply a coupon to that?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I just have 2-cents as it pertains to Amazon. I've noticed, over maybe the last year, that they're often higher than everyone else. Even higher than MSRP. Here's just one example of something I was looking at. Amazon's price is higher than the manufacturers price.
    Amazon is a marketplace so the price on Amazon is set by the seller just like eBay. Some people set the price high knowing it might take something longer to sell but someone might buy it because it is the first web search they find. There are also some Amazon products on the platform that are price set by the company. Wal-Mart is another great marketplace, I got my Peavey Classic 20 for almost $100 less than it was listed on MF and GC.

Comment

OK, I concede, yes a verbal agreement is/can be legally binding. It's just multitudes more difficult to litigate it unless both parties are truly honest about verbatims. Either way.

If I see a product that looks to be manufacturer listed ( like the phono cartridges ) I will often go to the manufacturer's site and see if they sell direct. Often times it is cheaper going direct. Amazon takes a cut just like many other selling platforms, so some companies mark the cost up to eat some of that overhead; perhaps hoping you will find their website anyway.

Then there are affiliate sales too. If you want to try and find a good deal, it is sometimes advantageous to find an affiliate link. While I wouldn't count on it being a deep discount along with a special offer on the sales site, the discount code may apply? Always worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
      X