5 watt 4ohm speaker suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 watt 4ohm speaker suggestions.

Got a 60s little solid state amp I need to get a speaker for -it had a 4" originally btu I'm going to recab the whole thing custom.

Glad to go larger -maybe even to a 8 or 10" if theres are sub 10 watt speaker out there that I can drive with the 5 watt guitar amp

Suggestions?
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

I maybe shouldn't mention this, since I haven't installed mine yet . . . but the Celestion Eight 15 gets good reviews, and usually sells for around $30.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      I maybe shouldn't mention this, since I haven't installed mine yet . . . but the Celestion Eight 15 gets good reviews, and usually sells for around $30.

https://celestion.com/product/8/eight_15/
      Oh man -that may be perfect!
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have two. I'll pop one in tomorrow so I can give you a "sonic" review.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          I have two. I'll pop one in tomorrow so I can give you a "sonic" review.
          Iam interested in your findings, too. I currently use a Jensen C8R. I am looking at a Weber, WGS or Celestion.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I'd like to try the Eminence 820H also, but it's more than twice the price. I'm going to try the Celestion in my VOX MV50 combo. The little amp is ok, but the BC108 speaker is meh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VOX_BC108_Speaker.png
Views:	99
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	6057198

Comment

This Premierguitars roundup covers s lot of ground

I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

who recorded those clips? ooof! turn down the reverb man

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  who recorded those clips? ooof! turn down the reverb man
                  I'll try to remember that when I do my own clips. I meant to do this yesterday, but took in two more customers guitars, and an amp.

Comment

Working...
                  X