banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Seismic Audio cabinets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    . . . and the fact that im lazy, it still could happen
    I'm a little in that same boat. I have the tools and the wood to do my own. It's doing the Tolex that concerns me. If I build my cab, it's got to be perfect, or there's no point.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Doesn't it simply become a guitar cabinet if you install guitar speakers in it?.
      Yep. Bass cabs are typically deeper. I went the other direction and turned a guitar cab into a bass cab it sounds beautiful.

Comment

Does a deeper cab give more low end?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

it can to a certain point yes

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I'm a little in that same boat. I have the tools and the wood to do my own. It's doing the Tolex that concerns me. If I build my cab, it's got to be perfect, or there's no point.
          most of the finger jointed solid pine cabs ive built ive just lacquered. i did tweed one and tolex another but that was for sonic testing purposes. the uncovered cabs sound a little bit more lively/bright but thats not always a good thing and only what my ears told me

Comment

If I were ever to build one from scratch, I'd want to cover it with whatever coating that Peavey put on their old PA cabs. It reminded me of sprayed on bed liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              If I were ever to build one from scratch, I'd want to cover it with whatever coating that Peavey put on their old PA cabs. It reminded me of sprayed on bed liner.

Maybe use spray on bed liner
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                most of the finger jointed solid pine cabs ive built ive just lacquered.
                I thought about that too. It's not like mine is going on the road. Maybe a nice "furniture" grade would be cool in my little studio. Assuming I could pull that off.

Comment

the one i did for the 5e7 with 1x10/1x12 was gigged pretty heavy and it shows the wear for sure but when they arent banged around much, they look great

Comment

1x10 and 1x12? I'll bet that sounds interesting.

Comment

Why not just buy a nice used cab? There are a ton of them out there and the money isn't bad on them.
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I would love to have a 4x10 cab with an open back and vintage-voiced speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          1x10 and 1x12? I'll bet that sounds interesting.

12" red fang and weber 10a150t, i can use either or both. both sounds great!

Comment

Working...
                          X