What's a good 1x12 on the cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good 1x12 on the cheap?

I want one that's built well out of plywood (or pine, even), that's oversized, preferably, and that has a closed back. No open backs for me.

I don't care about the speaker. I have a Celestion G12-35XC that I can drop in. So if it comes with a crappy speaker, that's alright if it saves me some money.

Preferably new as the used market around here isn't all that varied.

I'm thinking around 250-300.

Opinions?

Black Modern style empty guitar cabinet. 1x12 guitar speaker cab without speakers. These black tolex covered empty guitar cabinets with black grill are made of birch Plywood. Free Shipping.

these look great for the money

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      Ohhh, wonder how they sound. It says they have removable back panels...I wonder if it could be used as an open back cab...
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        Thanks! I'll see if they ship to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Ohhh, wonder how they sound. It says they have removable back panels...I wonder if it could be used as an open back cab...
          Surely you could, but if going that route maybe cutting part of the panel and making it slot, ported, or even just half-back might sound better.

Comment

Looks like taking th back off removes the jack as well
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

they have open back cabs too

Comment

I'll take pics of mine this weekend so everyone can really appreciate these cabs as I do. I believe I'm the only one on this forum with one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

-Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I seem to remember seismic having a convertible can in it's range
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I have a Rocket Cab convertible with a Celestion 15 Fullback in it. It sounds great open and closed. Opening the cab however, does not make the cab sound more Fendery. You get more bloom as opposed to punch. I tend to use the cab closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X