Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x12: G12T-75 and V30?

Hi guys,

I currently have two G12T-75s in an open-back combo. What would change by putting in a V30 (UK)? Both are 16ohm.

I like clean tones, but also like how V30 reacts to fuzz (I’m using a BoneTender). Would the V30 make it muddier or would it help retain cleans?

Thank you.

The v30 will bring a mid hump and a bit of overall brightness to the cabinet. It will seem louder than the 75. I think it's a great pair, they compliment each other very well.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I have an orange 4x12 with old 75s on the top and UK v30s on the bottom and they're great together. The v30 will give you a lot of what the 75 won't from what I heard after mixing them.

As for cleans, I don't think they'd muddy anything up. I don't play clean much but I don't have any complaints.

Comment

If you are interested in a V-30 (type) speaker, I highly recommend the Eminence CV-75. All the vintage 30 benefits and more without any of the negatives. It is a wonderful speaker.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          If you are interested in a V-30 (type) speaker, I highly recommend the Eminence CV-75. All the vintage 30 benefits and more without any of the negatives. It is a wonderful speaker.
          Thank you for the heads up. I’ll check one out once taxes are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I know it's not a 2X12 but I put two T-75s in my Friedman 4X12 to form an X pattern with the V30s. I'm liking it so far, they do balance the V30s out very well.

Comment

Working...
            X