Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm completely infatuated!

with this!

"Years of Bogner designs distilled down to its purest form, is the SHIVA...

Featuring two highly evolved channels, capable of clean tones that shimmer like icicles in the deep of winter moonlight and tube saturation that is so rich and powerful it should be illegal in the free world. Channel 2 also has a foot-switchable boost function that goes from 10 to 12, we skipped 11 for you!

6L6 models are 60 watts and have a touch more lowend/highend extension that's more American-style. The sweet/rich sounding Reverb option offers individual level controls for each channel, don't need reverb on the clean channel but need a bit on the high-gain channel, no problem dial in just the right level needed. The Shiva also has a Tube-buffered series FX-Loop / Boost amp for instrument level FX, see below for more info. Combos feature a newly designed and revolutionary ported speaker enclosure that sounds very full, almost like a 4x12 cabinet. There is more than enough bass response to rearrange your living room furniture, if needed.

The Shiva is a masterful study of refined elegance, providing the synergy of one's heart and hands.
    "

i'm doomed!

EL-34 or 6L6....i can't decide as i love elements of both of them!!!! i'm currently leaning towards 6L6 though?!
    Last edited by Hoss; 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM.
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: I'm completely infatuated!

For your style, I would say 6L6 is the way to go.
    Glad you found an amp you like!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I think theres one for sale on The Gear Page!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I played thru the one with EL34's and it was awesome. I think there is a different amount of power between the EL34's(80watts) and the 6L6(60watts) models. I would say this is the best channel switching amp I have ever played thru. I will have one too. Gonna wait though I am looking at some Fender Amps right now!
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
          I think theres one for sale on The Gear Page!
          yeah...there is...unfortunately i wont be able to buy one until tax returns in late Jan early Feb
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I prefer the EL-34 version, just because the gain channel sounds a little more to my liking. Even with EL-34's, you aren't sacrificing anything in the clean dept.
            The clean channels on Bogners is akin to the best vintage Marshall's cleans.
            The gain channel takes a big giant poopie all over any Marshall. LOL
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Go get it Hoss! New stuff rocks
              Just be carefull, the sound of a Bogner is highly addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                I prefer the EL-34 version, just because the gain channel sounds a little more to my liking. Even with EL-34's, you aren't sacrificing anything in the clean dept.
                The clean channels on Bogners is akin to the best vintage Marshall's cleans.
                The gain channel takes a big giant poopie all over any Marshall. LOL
                I've never played the 6l6 ones, but from what I've gathered, the EL-34s simply sound better. The overdrive has much more of a Marshall type voicing and the cleans are like a vintage Fender.
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Arent the tubes interchangable?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                  X