Modeler for home jamming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeler for home jamming

I want to put together a headphone rig that does not require my laptop. I’m not opposed to being able to edit via PC, but something like my Mustang III, where that is an option, but it’s also usable on its own.

Why not just use the Mustang with headphones? I need something that will fit under a specific piece of furniture when not in use. Also, I’ve been itching to get into the world of big-boy amp modelers.

I’m considering an HX Stomp or an older Axe-FX Standard or Ultra.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Both the Stomp and the Fractal are 2 devices you will want to keep connected to a computer for editing. If you jut want headphones, I'd also consider the Katana headphone amp, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ugh... maybe I’d be better off going with an older POD, like the HD or X3. Or I just fully embrace the laptop and get an interface and go that way.

One of those Amplitude bundles is probably the best bang for the buck.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yeah - Old Pod = win.

Although - a Korg Pandora 4 is a great choice too.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Depending on your needs and desire for expand-ability, the Yamaha THRs are great for jamming around the house. You can always connect to a computer for extra options, but I found the base sounds to be pretty amazing, and dialing in a good tone doesn't take much brainpower. You can stream backing tracks into it via Bluetooth. Also works as a good USB interface, and sends both effected and raw output if you're into reamping. And it doesn't get much more compact.

It's not "big-boy" modeling. But for what you're describing, it's really hard to beat.

Comment

I would point to the Digitech GNX or RP series pedals if they still made them

They should be super cheap used
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Saw a Mooer GE-200 for a good deal on CL, grabbed it on the way home from work earlier. Reviews on these are generally favorable, that it hits above its price point.

Haven't got to spend much time tweaking, but it's brain dead simple to edit. There's plenty of onboard editing capability, but I'm definitely gonna dig up a cable to plug it in.

Comment

Working...
              X