Clear All

• Home Office Studio Layout

Ok so finally got the shelving unit in and stared populating it

From the bottom
    I got my Carvin and my new custom 1x12 with the warehouse speaker in it

Next up
    My Laney and the Jet City 1x12

The next shelf has my Bugera G5
    just to the left of it i plan on mounting my rack mount PA and power conditioner etc

The top shelf has the powered Carvin speaker for room monitoring. I may put the other powered 12 on the opposite corner of the room

I may mount the rack stuff on the shelf above that and leave the Bugera shelf for amp heads

What say you?

EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Looks reasonably well organized! Just a little cable tidying up, and it would be stellar.

I'd try to keep speakers and amps out of the corners of the room though (especially if the room is untreated). They tend to create more and worse standing waves when placed in a corner and you'll probably notice very peaky lower and low mid frequencies.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

How do speakers sound on that rack? Does it vibrate at all?

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        Ok so finally got the shelving unit in and stared populating it

From the bottom
        I got my Carvin and my new custom 1x12 with the warehouse speaker in it

Next up
        My Laney and the Jet City 1x12

The next shelf has my Bugera G5
        just to the left of it i plan on mounting my rack mount PA and power conditioner etc

The top shelf has the powered Carvin speaker for room monitoring. I may put the other powered 12 on the opposite corner of the room

I may mount the rack stuff on the shelf above that and leave the Bugera shelf for amp heads

What say you?

Nice,....Is this considered Deep South Gulf Chic?
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Do you have recording equipment?

Comment

Well the power cords draped over to tops od the amps is because the power conditioner is still in the rack monut stuff just didnt wamt to have to dig it back out.

Hadnt thought of standing waves and corners , thanks

Just got it all placed up on the shelves , i will make a note if it sounds metal or rattling

Yess the Behringer XAir PA was chosen especially for its ability to send all 18 channels individually back to the DAW via USB. I have Tracktion software that Behringer recommended

EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
            X