Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electro Harmonix 15 Watt Howitzer

What do people think?

Very cool, street price of $127.80 is nice. I was not in love with the built-in gain, I would want a bit more crunch, but they never dimed it out in the demo. I would have loved to hear some dimed-out chug if the unit can do it. Now we will never know will we EHX.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Very cool, street price of $127.80 is nice. I was not in love with the built-in gain, I would want a bit more crunch, but they never dimed it out in the demo. I would have loved to hear some dimed-out chug if the unit can do it. Now we will never know will we EHX.
      May guess is that they will have a separate metal version, or, you can use another gain pedal in front of it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

May guess is that they will have a separate metal version,
        Dave, it's me. In my opinion, everything should be the metal version.

Comment

They recently brought out a new version of the Metal Muff didn’t they? Maybe they’ll do some demos with that in front of the Howitzer. The EHXtortion and the Overlord might be good to see too.

Comment

i have heard good things about their other offerings
            the 22 Caliber
            and 44 magnum
            there was a 5 watt version I cant recall the name to
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Probably really cool, but if EHX -suspect it will be a bit noisy too.

Those Quilters are pretty damn impressive but at 2x to 3x the cost of this EHX

-but I wouldn't imagine EHX would bring to market something at that pricepoint that wasn't still pretty good -as whats the point of releasing something thats not going to be garnering praise and buzz in the market -as pedals die a quick death if they are not reviewed well -people have too much info now a days.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                i have heard good things about their other offerings
                the 22 Caliber
                and 44 magnum
                there was a 5 watt version I cant recall the name to
                The 5mm, although apparently it’s only 2.5 watts. Not sure how that works out. Although they are pretty damn cheap and seem to be able to run off some pedalboard power supplies.

I got a 44 Magnum for my wife to use in a practice bass rig, but I have no idea what happened to it, and I didn’t get to try it myself, so unfortunately I can’t give a review.

Comment

you can make the Five watt one

EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                  X