banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mod to convert Crybaby to wah/volume pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod to convert Crybaby to wah/volume pedal?

Does anyone know of a mod to convert my Crybaby wah to a wah and volume pedal (ie, with a switch to select wah or volume)?

Also, since a few days ago, each time I log in, all forums show as "private" and I can't post or view messages... I had to create a new account (regular username is pickngrin without the underscores)... anyone have any idea how/why that happened?
    Thanks

Re: mod to convert Crybaby to wah/volume pedal?

Originally posted by Pick_n_grin
    Does anyone know of a mod to convert my Crybaby wah to a wah and volume pedal (ie, with a switch to select wah or volume)?

Also, since a few days ago, each time I log in, all forums show as "private" and I can't post or view messages... I had to create a new account (regular username is pickngrin without the underscores)... anyone have any idea how/why that happened?
    Thanks
    Just take the 4.7 MFD off the board or wire a switch that takes that 4.7 MFD can cap in and out of the circuit and you're there...
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 12-19-2005, 07:50 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks! Ok I took the 4.7 MFD cap out... now it does function as a volume pedal, although at its minimum there is still some volume. Do I adjust the gear attached to the pot to fix that, or is that the best I can do?

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      Just take the 4.7 MFD off the board or wire a switch that takes that 4.7 MFD can cap in and out of the circuit and you're there...
      Last edited by Pick_n_grin; 12-23-2005, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pick_n_grin
        Thanks! Ok I took the 4.7 MFD cap out... now it does function as a volume pedal, although at its minimum there is still some volume. Do I adjust the gear attached to the pot to fix that, or is that the best I can do?
        Try adjusting the pot....You will now compromise your wah sweep though and it's a compromising mod overall.
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X