Two quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two quick questions

Ok, first, how often do you have to change speakers in your cab cause i think i want to try something new but i dont know if i should wait until i have to change them or if i should just buy new speakers now. Second, how often do you normally change tubes for the same reason i want to try something new?

Re: Two quick questions

Speakers can last a really long time until you finally blow them or they dry rot. If you want to change now, then do so.

Change your tubes while the current ones still work so you'll have a set of spares for gig reasons.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

right now for speakers i have 4 of those greenback reissues that came with the marshall tv cab but i think theres new greenback reissues that are supposed to be like exact to the old ones is that true?

Comment

Sure, excepy i hear they are made in China. Mojo makes a speaker called a 25M. It's the equivalent to a greenback. Their 30V is a Vintage 30 clone, 30H is the clone of a G12H30, but all are built in the US using British coils. Good stuff.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Do you know if mojo makes a 25 watt greenback clone or if theres any companies that do?

Comment

Mojo 25M

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

You don't HAVE to change your speakers any more times than you need to. I've gone through a few pairs... one set I blew up and the others I just didnt like or needed more wattage.

As for tubes... when the amp starts sounding bad or not working, then change them. You can swap types all day to see what you like as long as you rebias for it.

Comment

Working...
              X