A Crazy Deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Crazy Deal!

well that's that............i'm sooooooooooo ticked!

he went down to the rip off store of the town and got screwed bigtime...he traded his Fender Professional Tube Concert Reverb for......

a tubworks 2x12 digital combo amp

that they had marked for $350.00...he traded them straight up...i'm speechless....absolutely speechless....he paid $1400 bucks for his Fender....

and this is the KICKER....they even told him that his amp was still under warranty and they would send it off to fender for them to fix it for free and he didn't want to wait and said he was just tired of tube amps.......................................so he traded....plus he said that the clean channel on it was better than his fender and all the other fenders in the store....

i cannot find an emoticon to show the feeling i have in my stomach right now

i think in need to go lay down....
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

That guy is a complete moron!!!! That amp just needed $40 worth of tubes, and it sounds better than a reissue 65 Super Reverb!!!

Just be glad knowing that moron is gonna HATE that Tubeworks piece of junk, and sorely regret trading in a $1300 Fender. He deserves to feel that pain!!!
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

whoa, that's one stupid guitar player. Those concerts are killer.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

i'm gonna TRY and i mean TRY to forget that this even happened...yeah that's it...i'll wake up tommorrow and it will all be a very, very, very bad dream...

nope it didn't work

ah well...you win some and you lose some...ya know...like i said...i'd love to have his skills and my knowledge...i gotta get better!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            That guy is a complete moron!!!! That amp just needed $40 worth of tubes, and it sounds better than a reissue 65 Super Reverb!!!

Just be glad knowing that moron is gonna HATE that Tubeworks piece of junk, and sorely regret trading in a $1300 Fender. He deserves to feel that pain!!!

Your are right.... he is a moron..... he is also MY BROTHER....lol

but you are wrong also. I went down to the local music store and bought 2 brand new tubs for the fender and turned it on and in 10 sec it compleatly fried them. 50 bucks down the drain. and after that it sounded like it was frying bakon inside the head part. then you could smell this bad electrical fire smell and that is when he said f*** it im geting a new amp. I would have sent it off to fender and just rented one till it got back. and if he still wanted to trade he could at least got about 700 bucks out of it.
            Last edited by Richard; 01-05-2006, 09:28 PM.
            Guitar:
            2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
            Amp:
            EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
            Effects:
            G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser

Oh yeah, that tubeworks amp realy dont sound bad, i dont think it sound better then the fender cleans, but he realy does, and the distortion sounds so good that he booted his uber and his tube screamer.

i guess as long as he is happy that is all that counts

and mike, i realy wanted you to get that amp.

later
              Guitar:
              2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
              Amp:
              EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
              Effects:
              G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

at the end of the day...if he really likes it then that's all that matter's...like i've always told you...if i only had his skills

Comment

Wow, that is one crazy story. But, like has been said before, if he's happy then that's what counts.
                  • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                  • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                  • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                  • G&L Tribute Comanche
                  • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                  • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                  • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Oh well. As long as he likes the Tubeworks. Sorry, I called him a moron.....had no idea he wasn't anonymous.

Too bad the Fender was having problems. With a 5 year warrantee, he could have had it fixed, sold it, and bought 2 Tubeworks combos. I guess that was part of my point. He lost big on that deal.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                    X