A Crazy Deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Crazy Deal!

i might have a lead on one of the amps i've mentioned on here the past few days...it has something "wrong" with it, but i can get it for an insane price and maybe.......just maybe a sort of trade......?!?!?!

if the deal materializes...i'll be tapping the collective amp genius of the forum to get it sounding like i've heard it sound before?!

stay tuned for further details as information becomes available...............
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: A Crazy Deal!

Just make sure it CAN be repaired.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

anything can be fixed right...

i'm betting it's not much...let's put it this way...he called the shop he bought it at and told them what was going on and they immediately said..."yeah, just bring that on in and trade it in on something else." i know the shop and i know what they're thinking.........STEAL!!! they're gonna throw a few buck in it and at least double their money!

Comment

What amp abd how much?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

its gonna cost ya for some expertise and advice,.....

germ
          Jeremy Ledford
          Tone Guru Extroardinaire
          Tone Shop

Comment

...waddya thinking Jeremy?, one or two cases!!!!.....

JS
            ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
            www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo forrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................????????????????

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

i wish it was the Shiva! lol!!!

actually its a Fender ProTube Concert Reverb 4x10

he said it fell and went boom in the back of his truck the other day and ever since then it's been eating fuses......

i'm offering my run down, beat up, paint peelin, no ac, bad brakes/rotors, non radio workin, 93 caddy!

yeah...i'm trading a car for an amp!

it's just been sitting in front of my house rotting for like 6 months...it's an eyesore and i'll be glad to get rid of it if the deal works out?!?!?

i've played through the amp before and i've heard it in concert too...it sounds soooo good, best clean i've personally heard...takes to pedals really well too!

i should find out today...it prolly won't happen, but you never know...if it goes down it should be a cool story to tell...hehe!

Comment

Here's another lightly used Fender you might consider:http://cgi.ebay.com/399-Fender-The-T...QQcmdZViewItem

I supect this one fell down a flight of stairs & went boom. Look at the top left corner. I love where it says under Condition Item powers on, not tested in depth. Item is missing accessories and tubes. Item is pulling apart in multiple places.

Seriously, that would be a great amp for you & Petey. Hell, even I would love to have one of those, despite my taste for the bizarre.

If the deal works out, we can fix it.

Originally posted by Hoss
                  ...if it goes down it should be a cool story to tell...
                  I think you should make it your mission in life to only own gear that comes with a good story to tell.
                  Last edited by Rich_S; 12-20-2005, 12:09 PM.
                  Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                  Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

i should know here pretty soon...?!

anyways, i was all over it when i heard he was gonna trade it in...i might be able to get him to hold on to it until tax returns time anyways...i thought it would be fun to try and figure out what's wrong and fix it myself "with a little help from my friends" (ah whom i kiddin, with ALOT of help from my friends...lol)

his brother told me he was just gonna get something solid state, he's tired of messing with "tubes"

he's the same guy that told me that he don't worry about aftermarket pups and parts, if the guitar doesn't sound like he thinks it should to begin with he won't buy it...

the guy has SERIOUS CHOPS, i can only imagine if he knew how much better he could sound with a few mods to this and that

but...if i had my pick, i'd wish i could play as good as him and not know what i know ya know...hehe

if he decides to take it into that shop and just trade it in on something else......i can almost GUARANTEE that he comes back with a Line 6 2x12 combo...i swear i will actually cry! nothing against Line 6, but that would be a crime!
                    Last edited by Hoss; 12-20-2005, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
                      i'm offering my run down, beat up, paint peelin, no ac, bad brakes/rotors, non radio workin, 93 caddy!
                      See, here's your problem...

It's a "vintage" Caddy with tons of "Detroit mojo", bargain priced and looking for just the right mechanically-gifted enthusiast to put it on the road and take a stand for the American way of life.

Marketing, my man... marketing.
                      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

Comment

lol...don't take me back to my car selling days...PLEASE!!!

hehehehe

this waiting for his reply sucks...i know he's probably up there looking at some solid state combo right now and i'm gonna go into that store in like 3 weeks or one of their other stores (they have 4 in the area, they won't put it for sale there i'm sure wink wink) and they'll have a price tag on it for....let's say.........$999.99......

Comment

$999.99
                          New Groove Tubes!
                          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                          Rich Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S
                            $999.99
                            New Groove Tubes!
                            my thoughts exactly!!!

Comment

isnt there a story of danny gatton trading a tele for a pickup truck .... or vice versa?

s'gotta be a song in this whole deal once its done, whatcha say hoss?

i hope it works out the way you want it to

t4d
                              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                              X