Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD!

New BOOGIE Day!
    Been playing my little Subway Rocket Combo out for many years and adore the little amp.
    Well its cousin was sitting in a local shop today a absolutely PRISTINE F 30 short head with the footswitch.
    Cut a deal on her and just cleaned out the pots ect and dropped a fresh set of the New Sensor short plate Mullard 12 AX 7's. First off this thing was absolutely MINT inside I mean just super clen I doubt the chassis had ever been out of it!
    GREAT cleans and man did those new preamp tubes knock the noise out and fatten up the gain side.
    This is no metal monster but man is it a sweet little blues and rock amp!
    May sell the little MT 15 as it's just to much at times. Hard to control at low volumes sounds fantastic for fluid leads but you cant get the in between tones with it. I have the Archon and adore it but the MT 15 is to much brutal on the gain side for what I am trying to do with it. Cleans on both it and the F 30 are fantastic different but both VERY good. The F 30 also has a blend on the loop and a footswitcable solo boost. I am running the MT 15 as my Church amp and this little Boogie fits what I'm doing so much better!
    Sounds a LOT like my little Subway Rocket as it is the next generation from this little Subway and is why I grabbed it!!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

The little F 30 is pretty much a head version of my little Subway Rocket here with full EQ control of both channels and a great built in spring reverb! Wanted this tone in a small head for a LONG time!!

Last edited by Ascension; 03-13-2021, 09:10 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

There is nothing like exactly what you want
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Yep have always been blow away with the tones in the mix with my little Subway in recording but never been able to get them with my other Boogies. This one seems REALLY close so--.
        Adore the PRS amps in particular the Archon head and it's not going anywhere. But for what I'm doing most of the time the MT 15 is just to much. To aggressive and compressed and is impossible to control at low volumes. If some one wants a real little face melting metal monster with a great clean my MT 15 will be on the block for $600 to you guys in the next few days. Put the little Boogie on my low interest card and don't want to carry the balance so--.
        Guitars

Comment

I don't know much about the F30- what's its thing? I love my Mesa, a Blue Angel, but I have little experience with most of the other models.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I own an F100 Combo, great amp!

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              Yep have always been blow away with the tones in the mix with my little Subway in recording but never been able to get them with my other Boogies. This one seems REALLY close so--.
              Adore the PRS amps in particular the Archon head and it's not going anywhere. But for what I'm doing most of the time the MT 15 is just to much. To aggressive and compressed and is impossible to control at low volumes. If some one wants a real little face melting metal monster with a great clean my MT 15 will be on the block for $600 to you guys in the next few days. Put the little Boogie on my low interest card and don't want to carry the balance so--.
              I must have gotten lucky with my MT-15. It slays at any volume and I can get it almost whisper quiet.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW AMP!!!!!!!
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I must have gotten lucky with my MT-15. It slays at any volume and I can get it almost whisper quiet.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW AMP!!!!!!!
                My MT 15 sounds fantastic and yes I can get it low but it's a fight with the taper on the Volume Pot. I needed a little less saturated crunch side more of a vintage rock tone. Jury is still out on the little Boogie though as cleans are fantastic but I'm fighting the voicing on the Crunch side . One of those sounded great in the Shop (and I looked at and played it a number of times on the floor with several different guitars) then doesn't cut it in the real world for me so far. Having the Archon and the MT 15 with that incredibly expressive liquid crunch side has spoiled me forever!
                Have all 3 heads here at the house right now as am doing maintenance on all of them. Here is a photo.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	AMPS 3 2021 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	6065056
                Chassis of the Archon talk about build quality!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Arcon internal.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	6065057
                Guitars

Comment

I can't wait for the MT-100 to come out. That amp is going to be a beast!
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I can't wait for the MT-100 to come out. That amp is going to be a beast!
                    What is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

What is that?
                      The MT-100 is the Mark Tremonti 100 watt signature amp that they (PRS) have been working on forever.

Comment

The MT-100 is the Mark Tremonti 100 watt signature amp that they (PRS) have been working on forever.
                        Ahhh...haven't heard about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Ahhh...haven't heard about that one.
                          It's an enigma...lol. You hear a lot about it for a bit then nothing. I really was expecting it to be released at the PRS thing they did a few weeks back or so. They went dark on amps all of a sudden so I am not sure about the timing. I know Mark has been testing prototypes and has been happy with what they came up with for some time now. Hopefully it drops no later than Summer NAMM.

Comment

It's an enigma...lol. You hear a lot about it for a bit then nothing. I really was expecting it to be released at the PRS thing they did a few weeks back or so. They went dark on amps all of a sudden so I am not sure about the timing. I know Mark has been testing prototypes and has been happy with what they came up with for some time now. Hopefully it drops no later than Summer NAMM.
                            Don't know what's going on with PRS amps right now as the new products listing is only showing the import amps and the DG. Archon is gone Custom line is gone. I quizzed the CS rep I dealt with on it and he would tell me noting but an announcement was coming on a redo of the amp lines so??
                            Last edited by Ascension; 03-16-2021, 03:02 PM.
                            Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

Don't know what's going on with PRS amps right now as the new products listing is only showing the import amps and the DG. Archon is gone Custom line is gone. I quizzed the CS rep I dealt with on it and he would tell me noting but an announcement was coming on a redo of the amp lines so??
                              Expect the hype to come for Summer Namm build up. They are spitting out some Archons here and there to various places if people are still on the hunt. They go fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X