banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally found the missing component separating me from my ultimate tone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found the missing component separating me from my ultimate tone...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Marshall...QQcmdZViewItem
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: Finally found the missing component separating me from my ultimate tone...

Wow, a must have! I really love how they sweeten the upper mids of my tone. I couldnt live without them

Comment

Wow, ten bucks for speaker bolts? What a deal!

Comment

Just make sure you set the head slots correctly, so they point towards the centre of the cone. Those vintage bolts can cause serious phase cancellation in the lower registers if they're misaligned.

Comment

Just for the record, I use allen-head cap screws to secure my speakers. Allen wrenches don't slip out of the screw and through your speaker cone. That can seriously compromise your ultimate tone.
          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
          Rich Stevens

Comment

Ohhh..the Hamer is def going up for sale now.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S
              Just for the record, I use allen-head cap screws to secure my speakers. Allen wrenches don't slip out of the screw and through your speaker cone. That can seriously compromise your ultimate tone.
              LOL, I use philips for the same reason.. one pierced rim was enough (but I still use the speaker to this day)
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
                Just make sure you set the head slots correctly, so they point towards the centre of the cone. Those vintage bolts can cause serious phase cancellation in the lower registers if they're misaligned.
                awww, mate .. you got it plain backwards !!

everyone knows the head slots have to form a diamond around the cone in order to get the proper resonant alignment ... the slots need to look something like this:

/___\

\___/

eric johnson himself even said so in an article a few years back

gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I'mn broke. I spent all my cash on the shiny new old stock speaker washers...

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                    I'mn broke. I spent all my cash on the shiny new old stock speaker washers...
                    I hope you didn't Western Union the cash for those washers to China....

Originally posted by Zerberus
                    LOL, I use philips for the same reason.. one pierced rim was enough (but I still use the speaker to this day)
                    Double LOL - I own two Celestion 12's, one in the Phonyvox 13 Watter and one in a box on a shelf in the garage. Both were purchased dirt cheap off eBay because the previous owners holed 'em with screw drivers. Twenty minutes applying the Weber-approved toilet paper fix and they're good as new.
                    Last edited by Rich_S; 12-20-2005, 02:00 PM.
                    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                    Rich Stevens

Comment

Working...
                    X