banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall Jackhammer users or owners.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Jackhammer users or owners.........

Have you listened to the sound clips on the www.musiciansfriend.com site and would you say that is an accurate representation? I would like to get into that heavier territory once in a while and I liked the sound of the clips.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: Marshall Jackhammer users or owners.........

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
    Have you listened to the sound clips on the www.musiciansfriend.com site and would you say that is an accurate representation? I would like to get into that heavier territory once in a while and I liked the sound of the clips.
    Great pedal! Bought mine new when it first came out and it's one of the only pedals that I didn't mod and I still own mine as you know....It has a tone similar to the Plexitone pedal I bought recently,but the Plexitone is more versatile(Also more $$$$$$)
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

John, if you get a chance to listen to the clips I'd be interested in hearing your evaluation. Yeah, I bet that Plexitone is sweet but I'd like to stay in the sub $100 range if ya know what I mean.
      Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
        John, if you get a chance to listen to the clips I'd be interested in hearing your evaluation. Yeah, I bet that Plexitone is sweet but I'd like to stay in the sub $100 range if ya know what I mean.
        I think I have listened to those clips,but I'll listen to em again for ya....As always,a(good or great) pedal sounds great through a great amp!
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

My only hesitation is that I don't want a pedal that's going to duplicate the sound I already have. I tried a modded DS-1 through the clean channel and it didn't really give me a noticeably different tone - kind of the same character but not as good as the amps gain. Maybe I'll see if Wild West Guitars a few miles away will let me try one out.

Maybe a Tonebone Hot British would do the trick?
          Last edited by SoCalSteve; 12-21-2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X