banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fulltone Pedals do you/have you Owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armotron
    replied
    Re: Which Fulltone Pedals do you/have you Owned?

I have a Fulltone 69 that I used alot, not so much now because ive just been getting a sweet overdrive from my Edana. Its an amazing pedal though, my favorite fuzz.

I also have a mini Deja Vibe that Im not using as much lately, its been a bit harder to dial in a good tone for some reason. Nonetheless its a great vibe too.
    Last edited by Armotron; 12-22-2005, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OlinMusic
    replied

I've used the OCD and Fulldrive 2 a lot - I think they were specifically designed to work with older FENDER and MARSHALL amps.

I like the 69 and 70 pedals for a nice fat fuzz. I have never been able to make the distortion pro sound the way I want it to. I have yet to try the Fulltone Clyde Wah and Deja Vibe which I hear are quite good. I still use the Dunlop Univibe.

Leave a comment:

• Quencho092
    replied

i know exactly what you mean. When I used my Crate (hahah) MX120, i used a digitech (gasp!) hot rod pedal, just because it acted like its own amp and i was trying to get it to 'take over' the tone of the amp, rather than sit on it.

Alot has to do with breakup, too. Clean, high power fenders either need to be played really really loud to sound good with an OD, or use a good compressed fuzz to mix in with the sound. My deluxe sounds great with a TS9 since i use it with very little gain, just as a 'tighten and goose' mechanism, not a distortion/sound generator.

I'm sure you get disgustingly awesome cleans with that JBL loaded twin though!

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

And for the real fanatics

Leave a comment:

• flank
    replied

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
    Cool on the Tweak Fuzz.....I don't really need or use Fuzz,but I'm reading great reviews about it....Glad because it's a Duncan product and I Love the Duncan Pickup Booster on my pedal board.
    yea, its cool to support duncan, but i wouldnt buy it unless it sounds good too and it definately sounds good

though i do think the fulltone stuff was really well made. just wasnt what i was looking for. I play through old Fender type amps, so i want a fuzz that is super compressed and smooth, since the amps arent overdriving/compressing much in the first place. I think the fulltone stuff is much more suited to "blend" in with the natural overdrive of an amp like an old marshall or somethin along those lines, i bet they can sound great in that situation. on a cleaner type amp, the fulltone fuzzes seemed to sort of "sit on top" of the sound rather than blend into it, so it wasnt a very comfortable sound to the ears, and it wasnt fun to play with. The tweak fuzz is more compressed, less boost and less bass, so its more comfortable to play with for me, cause the sound is really shape-able

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by flank
    ill give it a look...ive always been interested in that Magic Vibe pedal he makes, you ever try one of those?

and i actually did get to try a Tweak Fuzz, and its exactly what i'm looking for, just waitin for some funds to free up and im gonna grab me one
    Cool on the Tweak Fuzz.....I don't really need or use Fuzz,but I'm reading great reviews about it....Glad because it's a Duncan product and I Love the Duncan Pickup Booster on my pedal board.

Leave a comment:

• flank
    replied

Originally posted by Rid
    Try Lovepedal Karl Fuzz Flank
    Sean makes the coolest pedals on earth

ill give it a look...ive always been interested in that Magic Vibe pedal he makes, you ever try one of those?

and i actually did get to try a Tweak Fuzz, and its exactly what i'm looking for, just waitin for some funds to free up and im gonna grab me one

Leave a comment:

• Stringer
    replied

I've had a Choralflange for a while, and I love it, though I use it very sparingly. Funny this thread came up, because I just got a Fulltone Clyde Wah last week. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Clyde Deluxe, but I had the chance to score a standard, barely-used Clyde for $100. Since the original was (by far) my favorite setting on the Deluxe anyway, I figured I could live with the standard Clyde at that price. I'm definitely going to get an OCD soon... but I've been on a spending spree lately and I need to stop the bleeding.

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

Try Lovepedal Karl Fuzz Flank
    Sean makes the coolest pedals on earth

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Yeah, that OCD get's great review from guys that actually use them in the real world. It get's criticized by players that can't apply it to their rig, for some reason.

Sometimes, I wish I had ALL the Fulltones, and could sell off the ones that I don't need. Mike Fuller gets a lot of criticism for his attitude, but the truth is, he has a lot of morons bothering him on a daily basis. All he wants to do is run his company, and be a musician. He has very little patience for wanna-be rockstars trying to get personal attention. I hung out for a few hours, waiting for a mod to be done, and played on his pedalboard, and one of his amps. He has a hallway full of Marshall and Fender amps. I listened to him talk on the phone for a couple hours, and he gets a lot of calls from morons, and he cuts them off quickly. That's where the shrewd reputation comes from. Then, he'll get a call from a name player, and his demeanor changes 180 degrees!! LOL The funny thing is.....he's kinda like a jerk that you like and respect!....if that makes any sense. That's why you see a lot of mixed opinions about him as a person.

I needed a part awhile back for a buddie's pedal and I wanted to ask Mike about upgrading my Deja Vibe over to the Robin Trower one he shows on Fender's website....I'm not a moron and I wasn't asking for a free ride,but he was a total a$$hole to me and I have no use for a guy like that...I'm very easy going and I wasn't asking for the guy to "give" me anything! The guy got greedy and lost his early humble niceness he had early on...Guess the other "morons" got under his skin,but I'm far from being a moron!

When I asked Mike about the cost of the upgrades to my Deja Vibe,he then asked me if there was something wrong with my pedal....I said no,but I would like to know what I was missing out on vs the Trower edition...Never could get a straight answer out the guy! Turns out....Just a different input resistor....I felt he was the real moron and I've never even considered buying another pedal from him or his company....Just me maybe?
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 12-21-2005, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by flank
    played the soulbender and 70' fuzz.....didnt like either of them, too much boost and too much bass, not enough compression either......i like a really compressed smooth fuzz sound, and i didnt find it with either of those.......but i'd like to give them another go with a marshall type amp
    Maybe try the Tweak Fuzz?

Leave a comment:

• flank
    replied

played the soulbender and 70' fuzz.....didnt like either of them, too much boost and too much bass, not enough compression either......i like a really compressed smooth fuzz sound, and i didnt find it with either of those.......but i'd like to give them another go with a marshall type amp

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Fulltone 69....Great pedal and I Loved it's tone,but since it doesn't play nice with my wahs(Even the buffered wahs)I sold it....

Mini Deja Vibe...Love it and still own it....Not being used as much since the Vox VTH has it's own built in Univibe created by the original creator of the Univibe circuit...

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

As long as he's kickimg out quality product, personal skills can be hired in the form of an assistant. Pedals are differenet than amps. When someone is calling about an amp, there is generally more on the line sales-wise. Bigger dollar items that you dont sell as many of. proportionally less number of calls as well,i'd suspect.

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Mike Fuller gets a lot of criticism for his attitude, but the truth is, he has a lot of morons bothering him on a daily basis. All he wants to do is run his company, and be a musician. He has very little patience for wanna-be rockstars trying to get personal attention.
    I couldn't get a Custom Shop order to go through on his site, so I called and talked to Mike. I had a good conversation, and he sent me a CS FDII, and paid shipping. So I have no complaints about his attitude, but I have read those complaints.

I'm sure that some people who call have no idea what it's like to run a company, and work at the same time. I was a little surprised he answered the phone at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X