banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fulltone Pedals do you/have you Owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fulltone Pedals do you/have you Owned?

I'm a big fan of Fulltone Pedals. I'm curious to know which pedals you've had, and what you have to say about the models you've owned.

I lived a couple blocks from Fulltone in Venice Beach, when Mike Fuller first began. I bought one of the first Fulldrive II's (orange). Soon after that, he changed it to feature the mid-cut pullup knob, so I had it modded, which is the only time I've met him personally.
    I sold it for no other reason than to try some different OD's. Later, I bought the blue Fulldrive II, and again sold it.

The others I've owned are the 69 fuzz, gold Dejavibe, Supa Trem, and I currently own the Choralflange and Clyde Deluxe Wah.

I plan to buy the Fulldrive 10th Ann. Mosfet in metallic burnt orange.

Overall, the ones I think are my favorites....
    Very likely the new 10th Ann. (I checked it out last weekend)
    White or Gold fullsize Dejavibe
    69 Pedal
    Clyde Deluxe Wah
    Tube Tape Echo (I wish!!!).

Least favorites are Distortion Pro, 70 Pedal, and I'm not sure if I really care for the Octafuzz or Ultimate Octave. I guess octave pedals aren't something I need.

What's your opinion of certain Fulltone models you've owned, own, or tried out?
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 12-20-2005, 11:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Which Fulltone Pedals do you/have you Owned?

I used to see Mike at all the Vintage Guitar shows when he was starting out ... he seemed to be about the only guy doing what he was doing at the time, at least in that environment.

he raised the bar, and approached things from a player's perspective .. his pedals sound good, and hold up on a pedal board.

I have a SoulBender, a '69, and an OCD.

I'd like to try a Clyde, on Lew and StratDeluxer's recommendations.

I'll probably get a MosFet if you do, too.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

My favorite current OD, that made me sell the Fulldrives, is the Klon Centaur. I scored my original gold one with Centaur pic for $240. Check out this auction for the same one. I can't believe what the gold ones are going for nowadays! It's a truly great pedal, I'll never part with.
      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 12-20-2005, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I've played with an OCD, and it seemed to be a cool pedal, but never owned one. I've never tried a Soulbender. Curly, what do you think of those two pedals? Do you use them?

Curly, I finally checked out True Tone Music in Santa Monica, on your recommendation. I can't believe I'd never been there before....that's a cool store!

Comment

Just ordered the 10th An. FD2

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            I've played with an OCD, and it seemed to be a cool pedal, but never owned one. I've never tried a Soulbender. Curly, what do you think of those two pedals? Do you use them?
            Well, the Sola Sound Tone Benders are my favorite fuzz types, so I like the SoulBender

the OCD .. I have mixed feelings ... a great pedal, but mine seems to get overtones, so I haven't played it enough to give it a decent review.

I'll have to come up soon and let you test drive them.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

like gearjoneser i owned a early orange fdII i liked it but sold it for who knows what? i had a fulltone wah but head to head with my teese it came in 2nd so out it went. i also had a fat boost theat was cool with some of my amps. i would like to get a deja vibe and a choral flange next.
              Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
              Suhr OD-50
              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

I have an OCD on my pedalboard and it is NOT coming off. Ever. Best damn overdrive pedal on the planet.

I used to have a Deja-Vibe too but I didn't like it... not intense enough and the pedal did some funky things to my mids.

I also have an Ultimate Octave on ym board right now and I like it a lot. Real nasty fuzz and spitting, acid-flavored octaver sounds.

Comment

Yeah, that OCD get's great review from guys that actually use them in the real world. It get's criticized by players that can't apply it to their rig, for some reason.

Sometimes, I wish I had ALL the Fulltones, and could sell off the ones that I don't need. Mike Fuller gets a lot of criticism for his attitude, but the truth is, he has a lot of morons bothering him on a daily basis. All he wants to do is run his company, and be a musician. He has very little patience for wanna-be rockstars trying to get personal attention. I hung out for a few hours, waiting for a mod to be done, and played on his pedalboard, and one of his amps. He has a hallway full of Marshall and Fender amps. I listened to him talk on the phone for a couple hours, and he gets a lot of calls from morons, and he cuts them off quickly. That's where the shrewd reputation comes from. Then, he'll get a call from a name player, and his demeanor changes 180 degrees!! LOL The funny thing is.....he's kinda like a jerk that you like and respect!....if that makes any sense. That's why you see a lot of mixed opinions about him as a person.

Comment

I have a Fulltone Fulldrive II (Blue model with push/pull Comp Cut switch) and a 1st series Fat Boost, both of which I bought off TO while I was in NYC in June

The FD2 is permantly on my pedalboard, while I sometimes use the Fat Boost in the FX loop of 1 of my Marshalls for a volume boost for solos etc.

I used either a Fulltone 69' or a 70' (can't remember which) Fuzz pedal while I was in NYC and it was dreadful! So that's 1 I wouldn't buy, but I love my FD2 and Fat Boost
                    Last edited by Brow; 12-21-2005, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      Mike Fuller gets a lot of criticism for his attitude, but the truth is, he has a lot of morons bothering him on a daily basis. All he wants to do is run his company, and be a musician. He has very little patience for wanna-be rockstars trying to get personal attention.
                      I couldn't get a Custom Shop order to go through on his site, so I called and talked to Mike. I had a good conversation, and he sent me a CS FDII, and paid shipping. So I have no complaints about his attitude, but I have read those complaints.

I'm sure that some people who call have no idea what it's like to run a company, and work at the same time. I was a little surprised he answered the phone at all.
                      "music heals"
                      facebook

Comment

As long as he's kickimg out quality product, personal skills can be hired in the form of an assistant. Pedals are differenet than amps. When someone is calling about an amp, there is generally more on the line sales-wise. Bigger dollar items that you dont sell as many of. proportionally less number of calls as well,i'd suspect.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Fulltone 69....Great pedal and I Loved it's tone,but since it doesn't play nice with my wahs(Even the buffered wahs)I sold it....

Mini Deja Vibe...Love it and still own it....Not being used as much since the Vox VTH has it's own built in Univibe created by the original creator of the Univibe circuit...
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

played the soulbender and 70' fuzz.....didnt like either of them, too much boost and too much bass, not enough compression either......i like a really compressed smooth fuzz sound, and i didnt find it with either of those.......but i'd like to give them another go with a marshall type amp
                            http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                            >cord<
                            1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
                              played the soulbender and 70' fuzz.....didnt like either of them, too much boost and too much bass, not enough compression either......i like a really compressed smooth fuzz sound, and i didnt find it with either of those.......but i'd like to give them another go with a marshall type amp
                              Maybe try the Tweak Fuzz?
                              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X