banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally put a downpayment on VHT Deliverance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally put a downpayment on VHT Deliverance!

well with the help of my wife i finally decided that i will buy the Deliverance and i went and put a downpayment on the sucker.

the ****ty thing is that it isnt gonna be here for another month. oh well i will be patient.
    i went and heard the 100cl pitbull and to my ears the Deliverance sounded nicer. more wet and rich. Dont get me wrong the 100cl is a great amp, but is dryer sounding than the Deliverance to my ears.

so now the question is, what cab to get with it.
    a 4x12 will be out of the question so should i get the VHT fatbottom or a MArshall 2x12?? are the VHT cabs really much better than the Marshalls??

any ideas?

remember i live in Athens Greece so resources are limited.

thanks!

guess this xmas Santa is gonna have a few amps in his Sleigh!
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Re: Finally put a downpayment on VHT Deliverance!

Cheers! That sounds really great! If you get tired of waiting, there's one for sale here at the finnish importer. Who knows if they have an equal or better price, I think that it was around 1400€.

I'm buying a new amp now too and had a look at the Deliverance too. It looked quite nice but didn't seem versatile enough for me in the end, as it only had one channel and no loop. The boost's on the front panel instead of a foot pedal too. But it does sound great! I'm sure you'll love it, mileages do vary. I'm personally going for a Diezel Einstein now.

I've heard that the VHT amps sound really their best with matching cabs, they aren't so expensive either, I think.
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

thanks ,

i cant get one from another country cause the warranty wont transfer to the country which i live.
      Ibanez Roadstar II
      EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
      VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

That amp doesn't come with a couple of hillbillies, does it?
        Originally posted by tone4days
        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

I'm sure you'll love it. It's a loud beast! Are you getting a VHT cab now or later?
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

GearJoneser,

i dont know. that was part of my question. i am pretty set on getting teh VHT fat bottom 2x12 cab. but i wanted to ask if you think a Marshall cab would be better?

the guy at the store says that the Marshall cabs are pretty crap compared in quality and sounds to the VHT stuff.

which cab you think i should go for? i like the more traditional tone ( halen, shencker, Roth, etc..)

Hey did you finally hear the Deliverance60?? i think it sounded better than the Pitbull series. more wet and rich sounding.
            Ibanez Roadstar II
            EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
            VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

I think it'll be a nicer matching set, if you hold out for the matching cab from VHT. Especially, if you know you'll keep it for good. You're right that the Deliverance sounds less dry and blunt than the Classics.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I think it'll be a nicer matching set, if you hold out for the matching cab from VHT. Especially, if you know you'll keep it for good. You're right that the Deliverance sounds less dry and blunt than the Classics.
                yeah i think i will spend the extra bucks on a VHT cab.
                i think this time for the Deliverance VHT went for a more Classic Marshall Plexi tone with added gain, rather than the more modern dryer sounding pitbull series.
                The Deliverance to my ears had more harmonics and was looser sounding. Just more Classic with the souped-up option ready to go. More like the Halen sound out of the box.
                I think that is the trend lately anyway...to make souped-up versions of the original classics. More stripped down basic tone with the extra oumf!
                Ibanez Roadstar II
                EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
                VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

Working...
                X