New pedalboard - made with my own fair hands !!*pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pedalboard - made with my own fair hands !!*pics*

I recently bought a new amp - an Engl Screamer 50. It's my first all tube amp for over 13 years. I've used rack gear since then and only ever needed a midi pedal to control everything. Well since taking the plunge, I've bought a couple of other pedals for my rig and thought it was about time I got a pedal board, rather than carry everything in their boxes (a pain in the ass at gigs!!)
    Anyway, rather than buy a pedalboard, I thought I'd have a crack at building my own. I had an old guitar case which had seen better days to use as a starting point............

....and with some supplies from a case builder and much gnashing of teeth later......ta da!!!!

GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Re: New pedalboard - made with my own fair hands !!*pics*

And here she is with my gear in place. Key is as follows...

1. Engl Z5. This controls the amp switching. The amp is 2 channel (clean and soft lead) with added gain stage on each channel (crunch, heavy lead) which gives 4 channels. Also controls reverb on/off and a VLS button which is a volume level button or boost for each channel!!

2. Rocktron Midi Xchange. A basic midi pedal for controlling a Rocktron Intellifex which I run through the amps effects loop.

3. Korg DT10 tuner. this has bypass so all sound is cut with the tuner in.

4.Morley Steve Vai bad Horsie wah. I love this because it's switchless. Just hit the pedal and your away.

5.Xotic RC booster. A clean boost with just a touch of gain. I use this just to add a bit extra on all the channels. Great pedals as you can dial in treble and bass as well.

6. Xotic AC booster. This is the next step up from the RC. Like a tube screamer without the nasal mid hump. I use this with the clean channel for lighter drive sounds.

7. regulated power supply for all the stomp boxes.

All the leads run underneath the board, so it's nice and tidy. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

Last edited by Rocker35; 12-21-2005, 05:34 AM.
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

WOW!!!

Thats looks great for a home brew board!

Killer stuff!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
        And here she is with my gear in place. Key is as follows...

1. Engl Z5. This controls the amp switching. The amp is 2 channel (clean and soft lead) with added gain stage on each channel (crunch, heavy lead) which gives 4 channels. Also controls reverb on/off and a VLS button which is a volume level button or boost for each channel!!

2. Rocktron Midi Xchange. A basic midi pedal for controlling a Rocktron Intellifex which I run through the amps effects loop.

3. Korg DT10 tuner. this has bypass so all sound is cut with the tuner in.

4.Morley Steve Vai bad Horsie wah. I love this because it's switchless. Just hit the pedal and your away.

5.Xotic RC booster. A clean boost with just a touch of gain. I use this just to add a bit extra on all the channels. Great pedals as you can dial in treble and bass as well.

6. Xotic AC booster. This is the next step up from the RC. Like a tube screamer without the nasal mid hump. I use this with the clean channel for lighter drive sounds.

7. regulated power supply for all the stomp boxes.

All the leads run underneath the board, so it's nice and tidy. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

What is the peace of paper in the left upper corner, a manual :P ?

nice work!
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
          What is the peace of paper in the left upper corner, a manual :P ?

nice work!
          Thats just a list of the settings I use on the Intellifex (Delays, choruses etc).
          GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

Heck yeah dude that rocks!!! Great job
            I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

That looks sweet, great work!
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

kudos
                Jeremy Ledford
                Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                Tone Shop

Comment

The board looks awesome, really nice and clean.

Comment

very very very nice!!

Comment

Way to go dude!!! I've made my own pedal board before, didn't come out near that nice though!

Rock On ~ Kac
                      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

me like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                        Suhr OD-50
                        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

LOL, that's some much needed inspiration. I have an old keyboardcase laying around the house for over a year, planning to do the same with. Actually, all it needs is a new foam interior. It will be housing a Boss GT-8 and a Koch Pedaltone tube preamp pedal, connected to one another using the so-called 4-cable-method. The case I have has exactly the right size, the only issue is the front rim of the case is too high to be able to hit the front pedals of the GT-8, so I'll have to either lower the rim of place the GT-8 at an angle.

I really need to get some foam and get it done!
                          Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
                          Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Great job - definitely an inspiration to get moving myself

Chip
                            Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                            Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                            Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                            SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                            SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                            "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

You should consider building them. You did a great job!
                              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                              X