Friedman BE Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman BE Mini

I just found out about these yesterday. Is anyone planning to get one? Has anyone had their hands on one?

By listening, I don't think most people would realize that it's solid state. It sounds great, and I think $329 is a great price point.

Comment

Comment

It’s the BE-OD pedal with a solid state power section. If you have an amp already with a good clean channel or effects loop return, just buy the pedal. Great idea though for someone who may not have an amp or wants that option

Comment

My first thoughts were that it would be handy for someone who just wanted a self-contained, small head to grab and go, or have for home recording or similar.

But, for around the same cost as the BE Mini, a BE-OD pedal and something like an Orange Terror Stamp or Hotone Nano Legacy would give a floor amp with more options.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think it sounds THAT amazing on the demo. Sounds like a pedal through an OK solid state poweramp to me.

Comment

It's ok for what it is. I wonder how many more ways Friedman will think of to sell the same thing in a different variant over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. So many of his amps overlap each other (IMO). To me, at this point, things are getting ridiculous and I own several Friedman things.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I thought their product line certainly has overlap. I can't keep it all straight. The Dirty Shirley is about the best to me, and some of the others are the same basic tone with more gain.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                  It's ok for what it is. I wonder how many more ways Friedman will think of to sell the same thing in a different variant over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. So many of his amps overlap each other (IMO). To me, at this point, things are getting ridiculous and I own several Friedman things.
                  If you were a small company leaving out of your products, I think it's a great idea to overlap. It's not changing your "production chain" so why not have something to everyone?

Comment

IMO the worst idea on the BE Mini is the outside power supply. And a 24V power supply is usually not light & small. I avoid any amp without an internal power supply and an IEC14 socket.

Comment

Most of the small amps have an external power supply like that, that's part of how they keep them so small and cute, if they had to build the power amp inside, not to mention the IEC connector, they would have to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                        IMO the worst idea on the BE Mini is the outside power supply. And a 24V power supply is usually not light & small. I avoid any amp without an internal power supply and an IEC14 socket.
                        I'm sure Friedman will make one of those too...
                        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I'm sure Friedman will make one of those too...
                          Will buy one then

Comment

No, they won't, wouldn't make sense.

You could always just buy the Friedman pedal and build a class d power amp in a box for a ~$35, need a box, a power supply, some jacks (isolated output jacks), a volume pot, and one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Taidacent-XH-...147497&sr=8-11

Comment

Sounds decent, cool package and features but the value proposition doesn't seem to there.

Last edited by Animal; 05-28-2021, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X