hard rock/metal strat amp suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hard rock/metal strat amp suggestions

I don't like the SS marshalls. I don't like most SS heads! I think that it's either modelling or tube. IMO, your best option right now is to go for a Tech21 combo.
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

i'm gonna go with xssive & say the xxx combo is your best bet. Just go with an alnico 2 pro bridge & hot rail middle, put the neck one & new pickguard on hold, that should save you atleast $100 so you can get the amp. One thing though, DO NOT forget about the damping switch on the back. If not for that thing i would totally hate the XXX.

I would even go further & say after you get the 2 pickups & XXX your next step is a new speaker, THEN the other pickup & pickguard
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

i see silverface bassman heads like mine on eBay aaaall the time for $200. Vintage tube head to start your quest with...get an OD pedal and you'll be more than happy i bet.

-X
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

If you don't go for anything which has been said before, I'd suggest the Line 6 Spider IIs... great versatility for the $$$ and more gain than you'd ever need available

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

i herd that line 6 donst make ne thing good other than the Pod's is that true or r their amps good too?

Comment

I haven't played a Line 6 that sounded like a guitar amp. They sound the way I imagine it would sound if you could plug your guitar into a Super Nintendo.

-X
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
              X