banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

biasing/plate voltage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Yes, but you know, if the arbiter of virtue says a thing is so, then of course it must be so. And any dissent is merely fuel for ridicule.

    Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

    Sounds like you haven't listened to Garcia much. He played piercingly bright and clean most of the time.


    The arbiter of truth you have an issue with is called "Google".

    Here, let me Google that for you, unbelievers:

    (jerry+garcia+distortion+plus)

    https://www.google.com/search?q=jerr...dUDCAg&u act=5

    Last edited by LLL; 05-24-2021, 03:39 PM.
    LLL's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

    RigTalk FoS Forum

    My Soundcloud

    "Online guitar poseurs can't hide forever"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by LLL View Post





      The arbiter of truth you have an issue with is called "Google".

      Here, let me Google that for you, unbelievers:

      (jerry+garcia+distortion+plus)

      https://www.google.com/search?q=jerr...dUDCAg&u act=5

      Yes oh font of infinite wisdom and knowledge. You're right of course, you're always right. I bow and scrape just to be allowed to exist in the same universe as your ineffable presence.

      Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by LLL View Post





        The arbiter of truth you have an issue with is called "Google".

        Here, let me Google that for you, unbelievers:

        (jerry+garcia+distortion+plus)

        https://www.google.com/search?q=jerr...dUDCAg&u act=5

        I never said he didn't use an MXR at all. My comment was he played piercingly bright and clean most of the time. He broke out the effects, like distortion, envelope filters, synths, etc., only for specific songs and for the space jams live. The MXR certainly was not on all the time nor a significant part of his tone across the board. You don't need Google to work that out, if you actually have the records and have listened to them, and had seen him play live multiple times. When I saw him, he used two Fender Twins, a blackface and a silverface (two of the cleanest amps that can be had), mounted sideways in an old Fender Twin cab set on end, with speakers mounted in separate extension cabs stacked vertically. Which is also why he used a Macintosh MC-2300 and JBL speakers, for their clarity and fidelity.



        Not sure why you think you are the only one who knows what they are talking about, or that Google is somehow an authority in contradiction to my comment. You get from Google what you search for, not the whole truth about any matter.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Not sure why you think you are the only one who knows what they are talking about,.
          That's ridiculous.

          That statement you wrote there says a lot about your own personal issues; allow me to suss it out:

          What you're doing is called "psychological projection", and it's what you and your friend-o's do when anyone disagrees with y'all.

          In a nutshell, y'all think you're the only ones who know anything.

          Then, when someone like myself who isn't a hack and who knows their **** comes along and disagrees from time to time, you throw your own ego trip on them.


          The MXR Distortion+ info? He did use them, and frequently - the proof is there. I don't F around when it comes to info or tone; I dig the truth and facts.

          You can take it or leave it - I can't stand Jerry Garcia and all that acid-dropping, ham-fisted playing hippie crap.
          Last edited by LLL; 05-24-2021, 08:01 PM.
          LLL's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

          RigTalk FoS Forum

          My Soundcloud

          "Online guitar poseurs can't hide forever"

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

            I never said he didn't use an MXR at all. My comment was he played piercingly bright and clean most of the time. He broke out the effects, like distortion, envelope filters, synths, etc., only for specific songs and for the space jams live. The MXR certainly was not on all the time nor a significant part of his tone across the board. You don't need Google to work that out, if you actually have the records and have listened to them, and had seen him play live multiple times. When I saw him, he used two Fender Twins, a blackface and a silverface (two of the cleanest amps that can be had), mounted sideways in an old Fender Twin cab set on end, with speakers mounted in separate extension cabs stacked vertically. Which is also why he used a Macintosh MC-2300 and JBL speakers, for their clarity and fidelity.



            Not sure why you think you are the only one who knows what they are talking about, or that Google is somehow an authority in contradiction to my comment. You get from Google what you search for, not the whole truth about any matter.
            Now now, don't upset the Arbiter, otherwise he may delete the universe.
            Don't listen to him O Holy One of Tone, You are the only one who can get the Brown Sound, all praise forever.
            Yes this is sincere drunken praise,

            Comment


            • #36
              Let me translate for you:

              ”There is this band that I cannot stand to hear and I’m the expert on the guitarist’s tone. No one else could possibly know more about this band that I hate than I do.”
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

              Teknon Theou

              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                Now now, don't upset the Arbiter, otherwise he may delete the universe.
                Don't listen to him O Holy One of Tone, You are the only one who can get the Brown Sound, all praise forever.
                Yes this is sincere drunken praise,
                Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                Let me translate for you:
                ”There is this band that I cannot stand to hear and I’m the expert on the guitarist’s tone. No one else could possibly know more about this band that I hate than I do.”
                Aww geez, that's too bad that the well-documented MXR Distortion+ info has y'all sobbing and crying.

                Here ya go:

                Click image for larger version

Name:	23020.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	6083118
                LLL's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

                RigTalk FoS Forum

                My Soundcloud

                "Online guitar poseurs can't hide forever"

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think we may have cranked the bias voltage a little high here and the tubes are red plating...

                  But my 2 pennies about Jerry Garcia's rig is this His rig is a pretty self-indulgent setup. He used only the preamp section of a couple standard Fender options that he fed into a McIntosh amp through what are PA speakers placed in a guitar cab. He is basically running the most expensive rack amp system you could build. It worked for him and dare I say only truly for him. His sound is unique, to say the least. I am not exactly a fan, but there is no denying that he has written more hits, sing-alongs, and jammed more than probably everyone on this forum combined. And his sound didn't suck, it just wasn't conventional. Probably purposefully so.

                  And his rig has nothing to do with bias settings in an amp...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Ewizard View Post
                    I think we may have cranked the bias voltage a little high here and the tubes are red plating...

                    But my 2 pennies about Jerry Garcia's rig is this His rig is a pretty self-indulgent setup. He used only the preamp section of a couple standard Fender options that he fed into a McIntosh amp through what are PA speakers placed in a guitar cab. He is basically running the most expensive rack amp system you could build. It worked for him and dare I say only truly for him. His sound is unique, to say the least. I am not exactly a fan, but there is no denying that he has written more hits, sing-alongs, and jammed more than probably everyone on this forum combined. And his sound didn't suck, it just wasn't conventional. Probably purposefully so.

                    And his rig has nothing to do with bias settings in an amp...
                    Coach, throw the towel! Now!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      the back and both bs needs to stop. its in every thread you guys are in and its total unnecessary crap.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        love you guys
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X