How Are We Selling Amps These Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Are We Selling Amps These Days?

I need to sell a couple amps, one being a Fender Super Reverb. Given the weight and size of amps I am trying to avoid shipping. Suggestions for convenient, easy method to move these things?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Frankly
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Originally posted by Diocletian
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

4 of the last 5 I've sold were from Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace listings. Those that were not local sales were a meet midway between. They were all pre-pandemic, so I don't know if this is still a good method today.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The pandemic jig is coming to a close quick so face to face interaction isn't an issue in most places. States are opening up like crazy and mask mandates are going away so the old way of doing business is coming back in full force. Forums are great, local listings on social media and CL still work. Word of mouth is always a good thing if you know the right people. I would try those places first and see what yields traction for you. I know people who have simply sold to GC and done well. They are hungry for clean used gear and often times overpay. Good luck!
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Facebook Marketplace seems to have become the new Craigslist.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Are big amps like the Super Reverb past their peak again? They all went away for a while, then came back. Now I wonder if the modeler/small tube combo is surpassing them again?

Either way, I’d do a combo of Facebook Marketplace and Reverb with local pickup. I agree that Facebook has supplanted Craigslist (even though I search both, all my recent finds have been Facebook) and Reverb has the local pickup option.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have had the best luck lately using Facebook marketplace.
            not having to ship is a big plus for me.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
            X