nicest sounding clean tube amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nicest sounding clean tube amp?

I like British toned clean amps with reverb. For Les Pauls w/59's and Seths, there's nothing sweeter and more authentic sounding than any sort of EL-34 50W combo, or 18 or 30W EL-84 amps. To me, LP's sound too nasally in the highs, when used on Blackface Fenders. They sound very nice on Tweed 6L6 amps too, but I still prefer the British sound on Gibsons.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I've never been a fan of LPs through them, but with a semi the answer is "anything with Fender written on it"
      Colossians 1:15

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
      I absolutely have no doubt that Aceman has a glitter covered pony head on a stick that he occasionally saddles and rides around his office in full aceman regalia screaming like a cowboy on a meth binge just because the mood strikes him.

Comment

I keep preaching about it.... the Diezel VH4 and Herbert both have amazing cleans. It is a cross between a Fender and a Hiwatt. Sparkling clean with massive headroom.
        MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Old Hiwatts...go home Fender

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius
            I think the Hot Rod series from Fender represents pretty serious bang for buck, but I know plenty of other people who feel that they simply pale in comparison to older models. Still, worth trying one out since they're pretty readily avaialable in every market. If you hate it, you hate it. But you mihgt not.
            +1

If you are trying to watch your costs, I cocur on the Hot Rod Deville 2x12. One loud ans clean mother... I did not like the drive channel. But massive cleans on the normal channel.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

If you want clean with NO break up
              Fender Twin

Clean but can be cranked and break up

Fender Super Reverb

Low wattage Clean
              Vox AC30
              Budda Super Drive 30
              Mesa Blue Angel which are all EL84s, nicer mids
              Fender Deluxe Reverb for 6v6 sound

Sweet EL34 clean

Bogner Shiva - has 2 channels

Fender sound with modern enhancements
              Rivera R100, Knucklehead (or Quiana, though I have not played the Quiana personally)
              1973 Les Paul Standard
              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Oh if you like the FAT mesa clean sound consider the Mesa Lone Star or a Vintage Mesa Mark IIB or IIC+
                1973 Les Paul Standard
                1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

cough cough...twin reverb...cough cough...silverface...cough cough...ebay
                  2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

My Holland little jimi is still the best clean sounding amp I have ever played.

Holland Amplifiers is out of business and the take-over company is not making the same design amp...

There are a few SD forum members who have heard this amp about two years ago - Speak up, Scott, Jeff, Jake... Do you agree?

PS: Cost $1700, plus a trip to Brentwood, TN to pick it up!
                    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Working...
                    X