Upcoming Fender Stack Completion!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Fender Stack Completion!!

With a Weber Ceramic California 15 inch speaker in the mail, i am coming close to completing my fender stack. Here's the details:

Bottom-former 2x12 open back cab for some Peavey. The wood is pretty resonant and light, and i had the baffle cut for a 15 inch speaker a while ago. Here is where the Weber California will sit.

Middle-my DRRI. I had the Handle taken off of the 15 inch cab so that the DRRI could sit on top without a problem.

Top-1963 Fender Blonde Bandmaster and it will be driving the 4 ohm 15 inch speaker on bottom.

I will most likely go to the DRRI first, then to the Bandmaster, daisy chained for a stereo rig. If i can grab some more cables, perhaps i could use my wah on the bandmaster only since the California is quite a full range speaker.

Has anybody ever done something like this? I think lew ran his twin on top of a 2x15 Dual Showman cab at one point.
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: Upcoming Fender Stack Completion!!

so is this an actual competition?

cuz if so, 170 watts & 6 - 12" speakers say i'm in
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

no way i'll out volume you, but for what i play, im sure i'd out TONE YO ASS!!

It's just 1x12 and 1x15, but im going for a nice controlled clean/saturation out of the DRRI with definition and punch from the bandmaster. I might load the Bandmaster with 5881's or 6L6WGC's for earlier breakup and more of a tweedy/blonde sound.
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
        so is this an actual competition?
        He said "completion" not "competition".

Anywho, the stack sounds toneful.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

oh my bad

but i think it should be a competition anyways

and i'm pretty sure i'll out tone your ass

4 eminence wizards + 2 swamp thangs + ts9 with 808 chip & asymmetrical clipping + EH pres + mother f-in hot rail = the rock & roll tone that the 70's wishes it had found out about. Also works for rockabilly, and if i flip to the neck position, it's blues all the way

only way i'll hand it over to you is if you load it with NOS tubes & get a blonde bassman 2x12 loaded with v30's. A 6120 would put the nail in the coffin
          Originally posted by gibson175
          metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

what i dig about my setup is the 6V6 distortion and the light breakup of the bandmaster as a result of the original paper bobbin transformer focusing certain frequencies.

I doubt you play jazz standards, ABB covers, ooold style blues, and latin rolled into one jam band improvisational package though...different strokes.

Comment

Sounds like quite the beast, Quencho. Please post clips when you're done.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

oh it's a DUEL!

One of these days ima gonna go to wichita and we're going to have a Kansas style guitar duel to see which one of our rigs and chops rule supreme.... It's gonna be HUUGE!

Comment

Working...
                X